Walk away door locks

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Roger

The car already knows when I have the key-fob close and will unlock the doors when I touch the door handle (very cool) so why not give it the ability to lock the doors when I walk away from it.
It already knows if I walk past a bumper with the car still on and the key in my pocket (it honks the horn).
It might be a liability issue with Ford... if it did not lock and something was removed?

And not a big deal but an indicator on the MFM app that would let you know if it was locked (or not) would be a nice feature.

If one was unsure of lock status, and brought up the app... why not just hit "lock" while you're there?
I've only had mine two days, but as I understand it, it appears Ford has empowered the owner with many tools not commonly available.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't one lock the doors by either
1) Touching the pad on the handle on the driver's door when closing it (even with the other doors still open) when exiting?
2) Pressing "Lock" on the fob from something like 100'?
3) Pressing "Lock" in the app from almost anywhere in the world?

Great idea, I do like the way the car unlocks for me and it would be nice if it would lock "automatically".
Just walk away and not worry about it!
Plus it would be easy to implement.
I agree it would be handy to have a Red light or a Green Light on the app showing if the car is locked or not.
It can be locked with the app but why waste the time if it would show that it is already locked....

When I had my Chevy volt it had auto locking. Once the last door was closed and of course the key fob was out of the car it would lock and chirp the horn so it was nice. I would just walk away and hear the horn and know the doors were locked. All of this was user configurable on the touch screen. This is an easy add for Ford. Just a little code written and done. But oddly I do miss it. :)

WattsUp said:
Ha... I wish Ford would just fix the code they've written so far. I don't really want them writing new code.
I don't think Ford has written ANY code for the FFE!
Lets take a tally:
  • - Powertrain: Magna
    - Sync: Microsoft
Sometimes you get what you pay for when selecting the lowest bidder.

MFM Website is managed by
http://www.acquitygroup.com/

Domain is managed by MarkMonitor:

Domain Name: MYFORDMOBILE.COM
Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Name Server: DNS005.FORD.COM
Name Server: DNS006.FORD.COM
Name Server: EXTDNS001.FORD.COM
Name Server: EXTDNS002.FORD.COM
Updated Date: 03-dec-2012
Creation Date: 04-jan-2011
Expiration Date: 04-jan-2015

jmueller065 said:
WattsUp said:
Ha... I wish Ford would just fix the code they've written so far. I don't really want them writing new code.
I don't think Ford has written ANY code for the FFE!
Lets take a tally:
  • - Powertrain: Magna
    - Sync: Microsoft
Sometimes you get what you pay for when selecting the lowest bidder.

Or two or three for the Website!

Hear hear WattsUp - no more new code until they get what they have working right.

Back