SYNC update is available!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Rudy! Is that by any chance the Frosted Glass one from Gene Butman Ford? If so, I test drove that one too and it's a great car, just unfortunately the timing wasn't right for me. Hope you are happy with it for many years to come.

Dropped my FFE off at the dealership at 9:00am this morning. It was removed from My Ford Mobile at 11:00am. It is 3:30pm now and it is not ready yet. Apparently they are on attempt 3 or 4. Fingers crossed, but not hopeful that I will get my baby back today.

Update: End of day and car is not ready yet. They have tried 4 different PCs and no luck. I have a 2006 escape for a loaner. Ugh.

Update 2: Got the car back today with the 3.5 update completed successfully. Did not get a run down of how they got it to work. It looks like they reloaded 3.1.3 as I got a report on SyncMyRide that 3.1.3 was installed and then tried the 3.5 again and then it worked. I am so glad to have my baby back!

Timf,

Sure is. This car looks great in the Frosted Glass color.
Just waiting for the MFM to finish it's sign up sequence.

Rudy

My car is finally done with the update. they did part of the update last week and then they had to order a APIM module so I picked the car up with 2 of the 3 updates completed.
The car wasn't giving out info on myfordmobile so I deleted the car and re-added it and everything is back to normal and nothing was lost.
I'll be picking up the car after work today.
One thing I noticed over the weekend with only 2 of the updates is it seems the brakes work better.
It seems harder to get a 100% regen after coming to a stop BUT it there's no jerk when pushing the brake hard enough to activate them.
I remember before it was really easy to get 100% regen but in a harder than normal brake the car would jerk when the pads touched the rotors.
It seems pretty smooth now and does not jerk.

Well after re-reading this post.. I made a noob mistake... They did definitely update the MFT to 3.5.1 and it looks like the PCM was updated due to the coasting regen popping up. I am not sure if the telematics module was updated - does anyone know how to check that?
The dealer (Gene Butman) I bought it used from (275 mi) was not EV certified, but it looks like they got it done.
Working to get to the top of the Zen Master pile while I am on vacation...
Go Green Machine!

Steve

Rudy said:
Go Green Machine!

Steve

Green Machine in region 5 IL, OH, MI, WI, IN, right?
Top of this zen master pile now when you've only done summer driving is fine and all, but if you can stand on top after your first winter with your FFE, that will be an achievement! Pretty sure Jeff in spot 9 is the only car other than Ford's test cars that has survived a full Midwest winter in the top 10. Nice going Jeff!
Good luck Green Machine!

dmen said:
Rudy said:
Go Green Machine!

Steve

Green Machine in region 5 IL, OH, MI, WI, IN, right?
Top of this zen master pile now when you've only done summer driving is fine and all, but if you can stand on top after your first winter with your FFE, that will be an achievement! Pretty sure Jeff in spot 9 is the only car other than Ford's test cars that has survived a full Midwest winter in the top 10. Nice going Jeff!
Good luck Green Machine!

I have no illusions of staying on top of the heap. I started vacation 2 days after taking delivery of the car. I have just been driving around town and such. Nice easy going driving.

I also have a 2003 Ford Focus SVT with a supercharger (about 300 HP) I am working on getting back to running condition. I figure both foci will offset each other....

Winter is going to be a treat from what I understand. I have seen the heater kick on when my wife and I were playing with the controls - I am not looking forward to 5K watts of heat unless it's plugged in. I am hoping the building facilities management gets the charging station installed before winter, the had just ordered it the day before I got my FFE.

From what I can tell there are about 36 drivers registered in our Region, because I seem to be at the bottom of at least 2 of them. It's kinda fun, but I was wondering if they change things up every now and then?

Its ON! LOL (I'm ZZZT on the zen rankings although I may have fallen off the top ten recently.)

By my count there are at least 4 or 5 of us in region 5 here on My Focus Electric.

Back