SYNC update is available!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmen

I found the answer to my question. SYNC 3.5.1 is apparently ready and available for FFE and PHEVs running 3.1.3. A user (cmax driver) on a Sync support community board posted a successful update yesterday. I confirmed that an update is available for my VIN, and then my dealer's service dept confirmed my confirmation. They haven't done any of these yet so the tech is calling to get the process instructions before scheduling my update (it has to be done by the dealer.)

Anyway, you can check your vehicle's VIN on etis.ford.com, clicking the "vehicle" tab on the top of the page. If the update is ready as I expect it should be for everyone, it will be listed as an FSA or Field Service Action, "13A01 Sync with my ford touch- application performance upgrade".

Thanks for the report dmen. Awesome! :cool:

One tip for everyone... your browser may not be able to resolve etis.ford.com (I was using Chrome on Windows 7). But, http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do should work, and take you right to the relevant tab.

Unfortunately, right now the system is not recognizing my VIN. The error says this might be because "OASIS is not available" and to try later.

@dmen: So, OASIS must have been offline before for a while tonight. I just tried my VIN again, and saw this listed:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
Is this what you saw? Does it indicate that 3.5 is available?

----

Edit: Ah, yes... that's what you said at the end your original posting. :D

I called and made an appointment with my ford dealership, they said that the update is available for my 2013 FFE. Thanks for the heads up!

dmen said:
They haven't done any of these yet so the tech is calling to get the process instructions before scheduling my update (it has to be done by the dealer.)
Did they tell you that it had to be done at the dealer, or just that they could do it? I had heard this update might be more invovled than just a Sync update (via http://www.syncmyride.com). Some people on myfordmobile were speculating there might actually be a power control module firmware update as part of this service action, but who knows.

It's disappointing to have to take it in for a simple software update. I was hoping it could be done via USB.

WP

I just made my appt for tomorrow with Santa Monica Ford, will let everyone know how it goes!

I have an appointment for Monday, they told me it'll take 1-2hrs. I'm pretty sure this can only be done at the dealer.

My car is at the dealer as I write this, for the upgrade. They did say it can take two hours "if all goes well", up to half a day. I will post when I get it back later today.

Can someone who's getting the update confirm if this also includes a PCM update for the FFE?
Or, is it just the Sync 3.5 update.

Thanks,

jcjj said:
Can someone who's getting the update confirm if this also includes a PCM update for the FFE?

Thanks,
Apparently what goes into the update varies by VIN.

My local dealer, Downtown Ford, actually failed to install it on their first attempt (sad, eh?).

They are going to try again tomorrow.

OK, Thanks pilotgeek.

I will check my VIN to see what updates I have for my particular vehicle.

I called the dealer this morning and they had an opening, so dropped it off a few hours ago to get the update.

pilotgeek said:
jcjj said:

Thanks,
Apparently what goes into the update varies by VIN.

My local dealer, Downtown Ford, actually failed to install it on their first attempt (sad, eh?).

They are going to try again tomorrow.

My update included a PCM update. In fact, that is the only update they completed on my car. Strike two for Downtown Ford. They told me they have a call in with the "Ford Hotline" and that the updater would "not take my VIN". It all seems kinda questionable :(

Hopefully the third time is a charm.

One interesting with with the PCM update: Coasting now displays regen (before you had to apply the brake to show any regen).

-N

I got my early 2013 FFE schedualed to have the up date done on June 14th. I'll let you know how it goes.

am i missing something or is this the same update that was released in Dec?

--edit, never mind.. sorry im a noob

North County Ford in Vista, CA finished my update yesterday. Had no problems and took approx. 4 hours.

I think the only update I got was the Sync update, but I do see the Regen circle when just lifting off the gas pedal now. So, I wonder if I did get the PCM update included with this?

The Sync update adds quite a lot of new info. I like seeing the battery capacity as a percentage and the updated charging station locations in Nav are a great addition.

My vin doesn't show an update and dealer doesn't see it either. Service said I may already have 3.5.1 because build date was April 16

I can't seem to find version number. Any advice on how to look or if I could already have the update?

** PS my regen spins when I coast and I also have a power tab on the green menu that displays where the power is going **

Back