MyFord Touch update for FFE or not?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

I went to http://support.ford.com/ and found that they are tooting an update for MyFord Touch on their front page. Does anyone know if this update is available for the FFE? After going through a confusing web of pages that seem to go in circles, bringing each other up again, I never found anything definitive stating that the update applies to the FFE.

I did manage to run the "Sync Status Checker Tool" at http://syncmyride.com, which only took a few minutes. After I "reported the successfull install" on the website, it seemed to add a new entry to the "Confirmed Installations" for my FFE. The new entry is named "SYNC Version Gen2 - V3.1.3", which I assume simply serves to indicate my version. But, no other information appeared to let me know about any actual updates. Neither was there any information letting me know I was up-to-date. Not a very confidence-inspiring experience so far.

Is V3.1.3 the latest version? Anyone have any other information about MyFord Touch updates for the FFE?

Also... anyone else confused by all the various SYNC and MyFord Touch pages and websites, that all seem to say similar things, and cross-link to each other in confusing ways? "SYNC by Microsoft"... I believe it.

Thanks,
- Matt

I find it all very confusing. As far as I am aware 3.1.3 is the latest version of sync on the Focus Electric. I believe the updates for MFM are associated with the new c-max and the reason why we now go to bev.myfordmobile.com

-d

I believe the Ford Focus Electric's MyFord Touch update was supposed to come out this month, but maybe it was "early 2013" that I read. It is supposed to be updated in the form of a new SD nav card. I would hope the dealer or ford will be contacting owners to inform us of the update or just mail it out to us, but I expect more likely once it's available someone will post it here and it would be up to us to go to our dealers and get a new card.
I wonder if some of those screen shots I've seen on the various ffe/ ford electric web pages (butterflies on the center LCD, power management features on the center LCD) would be coming with the update. I assume there has to be some sort of FFE-specific content in the update, otherwise why come out with this particular model's update so much later?

It still suggests Fall 2012 here:

http://www.ford.com/technology/electric/drivinganev/

under "The Future All-Electric Dashboard)

*2013 MY Focus Electric screens shown; coming Fall 2012

I attended an official Ford Focus Electric "Focus Group" last week and overheard (though no one would come right out and say it) that we would likely be seeing an update in the next month or so via the mail. They'll make a big deal out of it (and there aren't that many of us to contact) as they're fixing many of the bugs we've all been seeing. They even downloaded a bunch of log files from my car (I have a weird bug that causes my car not to charge up on Friday nights when "Value Charge" is selected) so they're taking this update seriously.

-Rob G.

Yoyogee said:
(I have a weird bug that causes my car not to charge up on Friday nights when "Value Charge" is selected.

FWIW, I have the opposite defect. On Friday nights it tries to charge when I get home (instead of midnight per the local PG&E Value Charge Profile). And it indicates that it will estimate finishing about three minutes before it starts. Needless to say I have to remember NOT to plug it in on Fridays -- not good.

Regards,
Neal

Sounds like the same bug. It's supposed to charge at midnight but says it'll charge when you get home (So I don't plug it in). Ironically, the night before a meeting with Ford engineers in San Jose, I stayed up until after midnight to plug it in and it still didn't charge!!! (I think it was trying to charge at midnight of the following day???) Luckily, the engineer in charge of the charging software was as the meeting and downloaded a bunch of log files so I'm hopeful they'll fix it in the next software release. Have you called in the issue to Ford tech support? (They need to hear about every little bug we encounter!)

Back