Help on removing visor for Homelink install??

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

I'm about to replace my visor to install a Homelink visor. The one I have is the "new" version, with the split trim piece. Could anyone give directions for removing it? I'm hesitant to try blindly and risk damaging the headliner.

Thanks!

michael said:
I'm about to replace my visor to install a Homelink visor. The one I have is the "new" version, with the split trim piece. Could anyone give directions for removing it? I'm hesitant to try blindly and risk damaging the headliner.

Thanks!
If you type the word "visor" into the forum search function, you will find this topic:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1242

The topic is about replacing the visor in the 2013 model with the "old-style" 2012 Homelink visor, but there are some comments about the new-style visor. Also, I can't imagine the installation is much different, so hopefully the instructions and photos will be helpful to you.

Let us know how it goes.

I saw that very helpful post. I'm asking the reverse question...how to remove the new style visor. It doesn't have the visible mounting screws, looks like it just pops into place. I don't want to mess up thing prying it out

Michael, pry away. It is a split cap. You can see a slit in the plastic that runs to the metal arm. The cap just pops off - screwdriver under the cap and it will come off. When you put on the Homelink visor, you won't need that cap anymore. So even if you broke the cap, it doesn't matter.

Once you get the old visor off, you'll have to really dig to get at the electrical connector. It is pretty well glued to the back side of the headliner. Just pull, it will come loose. The headliner is very flexible also, so you can get your fingers up in there.

Odd, I got a PM from somebody asking the same question about the same time you posted this. What's the chances, two people needed identical information at the same time?

Back