Go Time question

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejoe317

Hello all,

I just purchased my ev and finally found the go time schedule. It was nice having my car pre-heated for me.

My question is about a non scheduled "Immediate time". Obviously you more than likely go to work and leave work at similar times everyday, but what about the non expected times when your wife sends you to the store? I would like to push the settings for now so I can pre-warm my car and then leave maybe 5-10 mins later when it is all warmed up.

Is there an option for this in the app. If not is there a work around other then taking the time and adding today in 10 mins in the scheduler? I was kind of looking for a 1 button solution.

I could always start my car from the app, but since heat is so expensive energy wise it is not guaranteed I will have the heater on (actually more than likely wouldn't have it on)

joejoe317 said:
My question is about a non scheduled "Immediate time". Obviously you more than likely go to work and leave work at similar times everyday, but what about the non expected times when your wife sends you to the store? I would like to push the settings for now so I can pre-warm my car and then leave maybe 5-10 mins later when it is all warmed up.

Is there an option for this in the app. If not is there a work around other then taking the time and adding today in 10 mins in the scheduler? I was kind of looking for a 1 button solution.

I could always start my car from the app, but since heat is so expensive energy wise it is not guaranteed I will have the heater on (actually more than likely wouldn't have it on)
If you leave the remote start setting (in the settings menu on the left dash panel) in "Auto" it will heat the car even if you leave the heater off.

You don't have to use go times for those immediate warmups--that is what remote start is for. If you use the App to remote start the car it will run for 15 minutes and shut down (shut down if you don't first get in and hit start). If you use the keyfob twice (run through the sequence: lock, start, start twice) it will run the car for 30 minutes and shut down.

I frequently do this leaving the heater off but using remote start to warm up the car. When I get in and hit the start button the heater turns off.

jmueller065 said:
joejoe317 said:

If you leave the remote start setting (in the settings menu on the left dash panel) in "Auto" it will heat the car even if you leave the heater off.

You don't have to use go times for those immediate warmups--that is what remote start is for. If you use the App to remote start the car it will run for 15 minutes and shut down (shut down if you don't first get in and hit start). If you use the keyfob twice (run through the sequence: lock, start, start twice) it will run the car for 30 minutes and shut down.

I frequently do this leaving the heater off but using remote start to warm up the car. When I get in and hit the start button the heater turns off.

Exactly what I was looking for. I will see if I can find the remote start settings.

When remote start is set to "auto" the temp defaults to 72 F. In the winter I will usually keep the remote start settings at "last settings" and then turn on the HVAC right before shutting down the car so that I can preheat via remote starting. On the coldest winter days I'll crank the heat all the way up to 85 F on Auto to get the most heat from remote starting. This past weekend we had days that didn't even make it to 0 F for the high. When it's that cold even 30 mins of remote starting with the HVAC set to 85 F doesn't get the car really that warm. The heat just can't keep up with the cold in those conditions.

hybridbear said:
When remote start is set to "auto" the temp defaults to 72 F. In the winter I will usually keep the remote start settings at "last settings" and then turn on the HVAC right before shutting down the car so that I can preheat via remote starting. On the coldest winter days I'll crank the heat all the way up to 85 F on Auto to get the most heat from remote starting. This past weekend we had days that didn't even make it to 0 F for the high. When it's that cold even 30 mins of remote starting with the HVAC set to 85 F doesn't get the car really that warm. The heat just can't keep up with the cold in those conditions.
I find that when it gets below the 20's F the heater has issue keeping up. I find two things help overcome this. You can recirculate, but this will fog your windows up. The other way is to set the temp you want, but turn the fan down to low. This reduces the CFM over the heater core, and allows heat to buildup in the cabin. Sometimes one higher than low works well too. Max fan at below ~20F just is too much cold airflow.

Back