Newbie in Idaho

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johneb67

Greetings everyone. The wife and I are possibly purchasing a 2014 FFE. I know the problems with the HV battery and coolant. I have worked with HV batteries as a DIY solar enthusiast. I plan on using it as is until I can make room for sawhorses for the batteries to sit on while I repair them and hopefully upgrade the coolant lines so they don't leak. We like the looks of the car and my DW likes the standard shifter. She hated the Nisson Leaf we had. I hope to be with this forum for some time to come. In the meantime I will be perusing all the threads to learn as much as I can about this car. Thanks.

Glad you are taking a positive approach. The coolant lines aren't really that problematic. Its when the cells swell, the distance between them increases, and the coolant lines aren't designed to accommodate this expansion, so the fittings come loose and leak coolant. Pick up the service manual to help you out. Somebody is re-hosting it now.

Back