whats the highest odometer reading on a FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signal twenty

this has to have been posted somewhere, but I cant find it (probably not looking in the right places).

Anyway, what's the highest odometer reading in here? I see plenty of cars out there with 50k+, but there has to be a few that beat that!!

A great question. I actually don't remember anybody asking this before.

40,740 miles. That's our third FFE. Bought this one used, so those aren't all my miles.

55,000km 2012FFE Car still looks brand new. Has a few cracks in my battery but ford repaired it right away, other than that the car works awesome.

I’m disappointed that there are not more high mileage reports. I’ve had mine 9 months and put on 12,111 so far.

At the rate we're going, should be us in a couple years... lol (2017 bought late in July, over 5500 already)

Mine was around 53,000 miles when I turned it in

This most miles Ford would allow on a lease was 19.5K/year = 58.5K so probably few leased cars above that. Furthermore, mine was getting pretty limited as to range due to battery fade...I think that's approaching the end of useful life for high-mile drivers.

michael said:

Furthermore, mine was getting pretty limited as to range due to battery fade...

When your battery faded, did your range estimate with a full charge drop, or did it still say 75 miles or so, but you could only go 50 or whatever?

michael said:

This most miles Ford would allow on a lease was 19.5K/year = 58.5K so probably few leased cars above that. Furthermore, mine was getting pretty limited as to range due to battery fade...I think that's approaching the end of useful life for high-mile drivers.

I just hit 50500 miles... still no battery fade......but I do get less miles, i think because I still have the factory tires... and the thread is really low... new tires are expensive.,.

My 2013 FFE that I sold has/had 49,711 before they put it on the boat to Jordan(?). I don’t know if I’ll be able to track the mileage when it reaches its new home over seas. According to MyFord Mobile the car is still sitting at the dock in Galveston but it hasn’t pinged in a a couple of days.

adnan1980 said:
I just hit 50500 miles... still no battery fade......but I do get less miles, i think because I still have the factory tires... and the thread is really low... new tires are expensive.,.
Wait, you made it 50k miles on the OE tires??? WOW! I'm at 16K and looking at them I'll be surprised if they last much past 20k miles.

triangles said:
adnan1980 said:
Wait, you made it 50k miles on the OE tires??? WOW! I'm at 16K and looking at them I'll be surprised if they last much past 20k miles.

My tire thread are low but they are not balled yet... obviously the dealer wants me to get new tires, mom and pop tire shop says i can still drive a some more. I dont want to get new tire.. because I have res for Model 3 which I might get by end of the year since I want the all wheel drive. Another reason may be my OE tire lasted this long, other then rotate every 10K miles, I constantly drive on cruise even on local street and and slow the car down by taking off the cruise instead of breaking.

adnan1980 said:
My tire thread are low but they are not balled yet... obviously the dealer wants me to get new tires, mom and pop tire shop says i can still drive a some more...

as long as you can stick a penny in your tread (upside down) and not see the top of Lincoln's head, you're GTG...

adnan1980 said:
You may have battery fade and you might not know about it. Have you reset one trip meter and done a battery run down test?

triangles said:
adnan1980 said:

I just passed 30K on the OEM tires, and I've got plenty of tread left. I'm thinking I'll get 50K out of mine......

Elektra said:
adnan1980 said:
You may have battery fade and you might not know about it. Have you reset one trip meter and done a battery run down test?

No I have not done a run down test, not sure how do it do it? do I just keep the car running with heat on and see how much of power was consumed when it dies off?

adnan1980 said:
Elektra said:
adnan1980 said:

No I have not done a run down test, not sure how do it do it? do I just keep the car running with heat on and see how much of power was consumed when it dies off?
Yeah. Just charge it and reset one of the trip meters on the left side display. Open your windows and turn the heat to max. Takes about 3 to 4 hours, when the car dies, you'll know how much battery capacity you have. I think the older FFE had 19-20 kWh originally.

Elektra said:
Yeah. Just charge it and reset one of the trip meters on the left side display. Open your windows and turn the heat to max. Takes about 3 to 4 hours, when the car dies, you'll know how much battery capacity you have. I think the older FFE had 19-20 kWh originally.

What I do is reset my odometer before I'm going to go on a drive that will use the majority of the range. When I get home (hopefully with less than 15 or so miles range remaining), I roll down the windows and turn the heat to max, and let it run until the car dies. Doesn't take nearly as long, plus means that you haven't just used one cycle of your battery without getting the benefit of driving.

You can also estimate your battery capacity by resetting the trip odometer, driving a certain distance (again, hopefully running the battery down quite a bit), then recording the amount of electricity used. Then, one of the screens in Sync will show a % remaining of the battery. A bit of math, and you can calculate your total battery capacity. I've found doing this results in a bit higher battery capacity; the last time I did that, I got a bit over 17 kWh, whereas the run-down test showed only 16.7.

Keith

Back