Ford to Shut Down, Merge Focus Electric MyFordMobile Site

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmueller065 said:
Also considering ignoring the door chime recall for the same reason...
I am NOT going to get a door chime fixed.

I am starting a list of issues for Ford to review. I will send the problems directly to Marketing Director Chad D'Arcy.

1. No more temperature notification at location.

2. The old PIN sign in had a nice key pad layout. Now, you have to select numbers from your own keyboard. The font is too small to read the numbers now.

3. The iPhone and Android app both have the battery obstructing the end of charge time some times. (Not always.) Suffice it to say that the car image is too high on the page and there is too much white space at the bottom of the page.

4. On Android, there is no way to quit or back out of the app. You have to hit the home button.

5. Great! Now we can use PlugShare to find charging stations. But who designed a map that doesn't pinch-to-zoom or swipe to move the map? You must use a tiny zoom bar and a even smaller arrow diagram to actually move the map. Did the software designer just get thawed out from the 90's? The old map navigation at least was workable. Now, the practical effect is that the map is impossible.

6. The Value Charge is not working on my website or app. Is this a problem with anyone else? EDIT: I finally was able to sync to Value Charge after the third time.

7. My website or App does not say whether the FFE is set for value charge or immediate charge. Anyone else with this problem? EDIT: It now shows the Value Charge time, finally.

6. The link to the Owners Manual does not work. (Thanks Wattsup)

7. The Zen Master rankings are backwards. These should now be called the Zippy Master rankings.

8. For some, the charge log shows negative numbers with the start time beginning after the end time. For others (me), there are no charge logs. The FFE magically fills itself.

Please let me know any other issues anyone is having with the "new" app and website.

unplugged said:
Please let me know any other issues anyone is having with the "new" app and website.
1. The iPhone app UI flashes and rearranges clumsily. In some cases, things move just when you're about to tap them. The old app was much smoother in function.

2. The links to the online owner's manual do not work (on the site or iPhone app, don't know about Android).

3. For me, the charge logs shows charge sessions that ended before they began. What is that... Level -2 charging? Amazing speed. Previously, the log would often show impossibly short charge times, but these "negative" times are new and exciting.

jmueller065 said:
Is it me, or is the "zen master" ranking sorted backwards? To me it appears to be showing users with the highest rate of consumption!?
If that's the case, I should be near the top for once!

After looking at the rankings, yes it appears the more you use, the higher your ranking. I would really like to meet Mike, who uses 2538 Wh/mi. He must have modified his FFE for the salt flats acceleration record.

jmueller065 said:
Is it me, or is the "zen master" ranking sorted backwards? To me it appears to be showing users with the highest rate of consumption!?
It is listed upside down - you are correct.

They did fix or did something to the rankings. My two FFE's are no longer counted together. That's progress.

Hey Uplugged - I think they read your post, the end charge time now displays above the battery on my iPhone 4s.

That map is the world's worst for finding charging stations. I haven't seen anything that bad in 10 years. It looks like the original MapQuest maps. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Hey, did you try to zoom and then move any direction on the map? Yeah, you touch a miniscule arrow around the compass and then the screen gradually jerks over 1/8th of a screen at a time.

You go man - I agree with everything you wrote about all those great new "benefits" we are going to see from a combined program. Can't wait to see all those "benefits", they will be huge (cue Donald Trump).

EVA said:
Hey Unplugged - I think they read your post, the end charge time now displays above the battery on my iPhone 4s
Unfortunately, I found the screen is inconsistent. Even on my Galaxy S4, the battery sometimes obstructs the print. I think this is because they placed the FFE image too high on the screen.

You folks are doing waaaay better than I am. It won't even let me log in anymore (website). I just get a message that says "Please enter a valid username and password." This is on http://www.myfordmobile.com using Firefox. Am I going to the right place? Trust me, I am using the correct username and pwd. I've logged in 100+ times before the merge.

Ford needs to can some software engineers. Both the ones who work on the web site and the ones who wrote the firmware that controls the drive train whenever it branches to SSN. Jeez.

hcsharp: try logging into http://phev.myfordmobile.com

In addition: From the conversation that Unplugged had with the marketing guy: The website was contracted out; not created/written by Ford software engineers. They have indicated that they were changing vendors as the reason for doing the merge. Given the results it would appear that they changed from a high cost vendor to a low cost vendor (you know lowest bidder and all). You get what you pay for!

All these issues with myfordmobile makes the nightmare that is MyFord Touch much more palatable! That is just too scary for a Halloween story!

Looks like somebody's code has an off-by-one bug:

On the new site and app, the mile scale on the battery gauge always seems to be one mile larger than the actual fully-charged range (with the smaller of the two numbers matching what the car says).

On the old site and app, the scale and range would match.

unplugged said:
C'est la vie in the FFE!
Also, I did get a quick response from Ford regarding the many issues with the site and app:

Thank you for sending these to my attention. I have sent these over to the MFM team to see which are errors to fix and which are things to improve via updates going forward.

Regards,

Chad D’Arcy

Ford Motor Company
Focus Electric Marketing Manager

jmueller065 said:
hcsharp: try logging into http://phev.myfordmobile.com
I tried that. I'm still getting the same invalid username/pwd message. Also, if you go to www.myfordmobile.com, it just goes to the above site anyway. It still won't let me log in and I haven't had time to call their 800 support number. Hard to understand why it has to be this hard to do.

I'd like to say thanks to Ford for making the new app work on the iphone5 and work quickly. It used to take minutes for me to get anything out of the app previously. Now I can actually use the app again.

I have an interesting issue with the app. Often, not always, the mileage will not update on the charging app. I will start a charge with, say, 38 miles at some percentage. Later, the app shows 99% charged but still at 38 miles.

The iPhone app is poorly implemented. Note the flashing pages as it settles in to work. Not good Patrick, not good.

I"m still totally unable to sync with my car. I've complained on the 800 number several times, just get "we're working on it"

Could someone please give me the email address of Chad or someone who actually has an interest in getting this thing fixed??

Thanks!

(PM me if you don't want to post the email. I promise to be polite!!!!) ;)

michael said:
I"m still totally unable to sync with my car. I've complained on the 800 number several times, just get "we're working on it"

Could someone please give me the email address of Chad or someone who actually has an interest in getting this thing fixed??

Thanks!

(PM me if you don't want to post the email. I promise to be polite!!!!) ;)
I've kind of lost track of the different syncing issues. On my account, after the app merge with the "energi" site, I had 2 "home" charging locations and could not delete them; but things continued to work as previously programmed until last month. Everything started acting goofy with respect to when it would charge. I ended up resetting the car with the master reset in the sync menu. That didn't work so I completely removed the car from the website as if I were selling the car. That fixed the issue and I was able to re-add my value charging and everything worked fine. The only drawback was I lost my historical data....but I don't really care about that.

Anyway, I think your issue is that you cannot add your car, correct? There was a point in time where I couldn't add the car after the master reset from the car. I called customer service and they had no help for me. They said it would be a few days before they could get back to me, but it also might fix itself. I waited a few hours and tried again...fail...another few hours and tried again...fail. Then I went to the car, started it up, connected to my phone, reporgramed my raido stations, and went back to see if I could register the VIN; and I could.

This made me wonder if the telemetrics unit wasn't enabled till after powering it up after the master reset. If that unit has anything to do with it, and your car never has synced up, makes me wonder if there is a defect with your telemetrics unit. In which case, you can take it to the dealer and tell them the telemetrics unit is broken. "How do you know?" "Well, MFM doesn't see it." At least it might get them to diagnose the hardware.

Just a thought.

davideos said:
This made me wonder if the telemetrics unit wasn't enabled till after powering it up after the master reset. If that unit has anything to do with it, and your car never has synced up, makes me wonder if there is a defect with your telemetrics unit. In which case, you can take it to the dealer and tell them the telemetrics unit is broken. "How do you know?" "Well, MFM doesn't see it." At least it might get them to diagnose the hardware.
We've had a similar problem. We finally got it working a couple months ago but about a month later it was unable to contact the car anymore. I fixed it twice by pulling the fuse but then you have to set it up again. I suspect the telematics module has issues. We've basically given up on it and don't use MFM which is sad because we'd like to.

I think I've tried everything. Fuses. Resets. Unregistering the car. I can detect the battery state and the car location, but I can't set (sync as they call it) charging profiles, go times, etc.

It worked perfectly until they changed the site. Ford has acknowledged that this problem is widespread and they are working on it, but it doesn't get fixed.

Back