Ford to Shut Down, Merge Focus Electric MyFordMobile Site

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site also lists this notification, also logged at 6:45pm PST:

"Matt's EV may have incorrect clock settings which will affect charging, GO Times, and more."
Yet, the time shown in the car is correct. Anyone else get this apparently false notification today?

On a positive note... my "My Driving" no longer claims an impossibly high "Miles Driven" number. For me, it used to be over 1000 miles further than the car had actually gone. The number now displayed has dropped from over 13K (according to the old site) to 10888 (new site).

On a negative note... my actual odometer reading is 11617, and I'm the only driver using only one key fob, so now the "Miles Driven" is missing about 800 miles.

WattsUp said:
All named charge location names forgotten. Wonderful. Anybody else have all their location names purged?

Yep. Lost all 22 of my charge locations.

Status on main page just says "Matt's EV is unplugged". It used to give the location too, as in "Matt's EV is at Home unplugged". Anybody actually have their FFE location listed on the new site?

My home location is listed.

I can't update the charge status on the main page. It just says "Update failed. Try again later". Anyone else?

My FFE does update charge status, also.

I can't get past the login page on the new site using IE 8. Entering credentials and clicking "Sign On" spins for a while and then simply reloads the login screen.

I can login in Chrome, though. Can anybody else login using any version of IE?

(*sigh* Did they test this in real-world scenarios like one of the world's most popular browsers?)

unplugged said:
My FFE does update charge status, also.
Okay...

• I pulled and reset the telematics fuse (F1) and now the site and app show the charging status, and the "Update" button now seems to work.
  • I am also able to use the "remote control" features via the site and app to unlock doors, etc.. Prior to resetting the telematics, the remote control features did not work either.
  • I also now see the car's location in the main "status message". After I completed a short charge (at home) an "Unsaved Location" appeared in the charge log, so I named it. I then finally started seeing the message, "Matt's EV is at Home unplugged", on both the site and app. Apparently, with all location names purged thanks to the "enhanced experience" update, the system simply didn't have a name for where my FFE was currently located.

Man, you have to think like an engineer to get these things working again. :?

But, I'm still seeing the red icon for "Battery System Health" (in both the site and app). I was sort of hoping this red status was false because somehow things weren't being updated properly (which, who knows, may still be the case). Of course, the phrase "battery system health" appears nowhere in the owner's manual, so I have no idea what this red status means.

Another thing I noticed, the new iPhone app stupidly obscures the estimated charge completion time:

I would bet $100 this is because they laid out the new app's UI on the (taller) iPhone 5 screen and forgot to test it on an iPhone 4. :roll:

Damn.

Okay.... so the "Update" and "Remote Control" features in the app and site stopped working again, within about 30 minutes of when I last reset the F1 telematics fuse in the my FFE. So, I went and reset it again... and, lo and behold, within moments the app and site updates started working again.

Does anyone have any idea what the HELL is going on? :x

----

Update: Cycle repeated again... about 30 minutes later, updates stopped working once again. And, once again, resetting telematics causes things to start working again right away. Utterly ridiculous.

Another thing I noticed...

Even when I can get updates to work temporarily (by resetting telematics), the site and app are not showing the outside car temperature like they did before.

Can anyone see the temperature?

I have a couple of observations here:
- Both e-mails (the one before, and the one after) explicitly stated that you'll have to resetup the value charging. Latest e-mail:
You will have to re-enter any Value Charge times after selecting the “Update” button.
(Granted that only says the times and not the locations; for me it seems to have kept only 1 location but didn't recognize it this morning and wanted me to setup a new one--I'll find out tonight if the old one still works at its location or not)
- WattsUp: Isn't your car still on 3.1.x MyFordTouch software? Perhaps that is the source of some of the issues you're seeing?
- Nope: I do not see the temperature either.

WattsUp said:
Man, you have to think like an engineer to get these things working again. :?
Its a good thing most of us "early adopters" (or, in the case of the FFE: "Testers") are engineers! LOL

Update: I'm a little disappointed in the fact that nothing has changed. Despite the merging there is no improvement in the data recording (yeah I know I shouldn't have expected as much but it would have been nice to see some upgrades--sadly I fear the problem isn't the website but with the software in the cars just not sending the proper data up...)

It would appear that the one value charge location that was left on my account was simply a placeholder so that the car would charge overnight. Sitting at that location this morning the car showed the default profile and not that location. Looks like I'll be re-setting up the value charge profile as well..

Another observation: You can name a charge location in the "trip and charge log" but that name doesn't show up in the list of value charge locations (which would have been really handy to re-setup all the value charge profiles). sigh

@ford: You broke online access to the owner's manual. #fail

On the site, clicking the "View your owner's manual online" link at the bottom of the Vehicle Info tab simply re-opens the same page in another window/tab; it does NOT bring up the user's manual. In the iPhone app, absolutely nothing happens when you click the "Owner's Manual" button on the Vehicle Info screen.

** head -> desk **

jmueller065 said:
I have a couple of observations here:
- Both e-mails (the one before, and the one after) explicitly stated that you'll have to resetup the value charging. Latest e-mail:
You will have to re-enter any Value Charge times after selecting the “Update” button.
Sure, perhaps they meant both the times and locations would need to be re-entered... still really bad to forget all your charge locations. For cripe's sake, my account forgot where *home* was -- lame!

jmueller065 said:
- WattsUp: Isn't your car still on 3.1.x MyFordTouch software? Perhaps that is the source of some of the issues you're seeing?
- Nope: I do not see the temperature either.
Glad I'm not the only one seeing these things.

Yes, 3.1.x. Perhaps you're right and I should finally update. I've got a few things that need "updating" now on my FFE (the side-marker thing, the firmware updates, get the MFT update) so perhaps I should take it in "for the works".

I just dread the car I love coming back crippled and flakey by bozo technicians who just follow a script without having any true insight into what they are doing... or by crappy "improved" software (or both).

WattsUp said:
I just dread the car I love coming back crippled and flakey by bozo technicians who just follow a script without having any true insight into what they are doing... or by crappy "improved" software (or both).
I hear ya: I had serious second thoughts before updating 3.5 to 3.6.

Also considering ignoring the door chime recall for the same reason...

WattsUp said:
Has anyone had 13C07 done?

I believe they did mine before I took ownership. Noticed the gear select bezel looks to have been chewed by a level 1 tech with a chisel.

My FE Iphone app is now just dead and crashing and my ipad app(the new one) just gives "unexpected error". Joy.

I guess in hind sight it's not much for Ford to completely obliterate the 400 or so FFE that used the site for the better of the 250 C-Max Energi users.

Web access works for me, no app access yet.

az erik said:
I believe they did mine before I took ownership. Noticed the gear select bezel looks to have been chewed by a level 1 tech with a chisel.
This is damage visible inside your car? Good grief. Have them replace it!

WattsUp said:
az erik said:
This is damage visible inside your car? Good grief. Have them replace it!

My wife noticed it a couple weeks back, I noticed last week. Not much I can do after having the car a month and a half. Hell San Tan still hasn't called me back after 5 voice mails. My 'sales' guy was a 19yr old kid and my lease paperwork was written wrong. I don't have the time or patience to rent another POS while they take their time 'working' on my car.

I do have app access to MFM again. No temp. Which is kinda needed in AZ where it's normally over 85.... 75% of the year. However the iphone app is worlds faster than it was, for me.

Back