Ford to Shut Down, Merge Focus Electric MyFordMobile Site

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michael said:
I think I've tried everything. Fuses. Resets. Unregistering the car. I can detect the battery state and the car location, but I can't set (sync as they call it) charging profiles, go times, etc.
Your problems are different than ours. We can't even connect with the car at all - no battery state, no location, nothing. It just says "unable to connect with car" or sometimes "update failed" after clicking the update button.

michael said:
I think I've tried everything. Fuses. Resets. Unregistering the car. I can detect the battery state and the car location, but I can't set (sync as they call it) charging profiles, go times, etc.

It worked perfectly until they changed the site. Ford has acknowledged that this problem is widespread and they are working on it, but it doesn't get fixed.
This sounds like the state of MFM after you first register it for the site but before you get the second confirmation screen on the car's LCD.

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you. I wish they would have all the features of MFM available in the car itself. Although with the last update they added the ECO menu with some charging options, they should allow all of them...even if you have to download it with a USB stick. Should I add this to the wish-list forum :).

Thanks for comment. No, the state changed after the second register...beforehand could get battery only, not location. I now get the location fine, all the downlink. Just can't send any update ("sync") to the car.

Failure to fix this since October represents a lack of desire to fix it on Ford's part. How hard can it be? It used to work before they changed it.

The smartest engineer I ever knew used to always say this when people were having problems...

"What did you change, that couldn't possibly have mattered, just before it stopped working??"

michael said:
Thanks for comment. No, the state changed after the second register...beforehand could get battery only, not location. I now get the location fine, all the downlink. Just can't send any update ("sync") to the car."
That's kind of what happened to me when they did the merging of the 2 sites. I ended up with 2 "home" locations and couldn't update either one. I'd get the failure to sync message. That's why I removed the car from MFM as if I were selling the car. After that, things went back to normal. I guess if the battery status is working, then the telemetrics is working. It seems like it would be an easy thing to figure out for Ford....or for whoever is running the website.

michael said:
I"m still totally unable to sync with my car. I've complained on the 800 number several times, just get "we're working on it"

Could someone please give me the email address of Chad or someone who actually has an interest in getting this thing fixed??
Unfortunately, Chad wouldn't be able to help on an individual car. My suggestion is to speak with your dealership and ask to meet with the regional Ford rep on his next visit. Also, the dealer should have escalated this to Ford engineering by now, so the dealer is just not doing his job. By speaking with the Ford rep, your issue should receive priority. If not, then ask to to speak with the regional rep's boss.

You shouldn't have to accept a broken sync app when thousands of customers have a working app. BTW, the 800 number is useless. It is always easy for them to kick the can down the road because they take no ownership of the issue. Go to your dealer, then the regional rep, then his boss.

i have had issues with MFM lately... it seems to work fine in the morning and early afternoon. however, any time after 330PM ET, it will not allow me to connect. anyone having similar problems?

jwilson165 said:
i have had issues with MFM lately... it seems to work fine in the morning and early afternoon. however, any time after 330PM ET, it will not allow me to connect. anyone having similar problems?
Yeah. It quit reporting trips for my FFEnergi, but it does report everything else - charges, state of charge, fuel, and location. For my FFElectric, it reports everything except braking score and driving score.

Reports of location, charge status and mileage are usually OK, although the site is unable to update about one time in 3 visits to site (too many users now??).
I get false report of "Warning Light on" almost every time the car finishes a trip (so power to off).
"Battery System Health" is Always reported with a big red circle now (since the site combo. last fall), and the service guy at dealer found no problem (twice).
"May have incorrect clock setting" is the newest false report seen, still rare though.
(I just looked in the car: it was set to sync. with GPS, although I had to tell it to skip Daylight Savings time adjustment or it would be 1 hour off. Time was right when erroneous report was shown.)

Is it possible that some type of reset would fix one of these false warnings?
Anyone else getting same false warnings?

I have received 'phone calls telling me that Ford is still working on my trouble report (about first 2 problems here, from many weeks ago); I do not think they are doing anything but calling.

JTCalif said:
After the October MFM app/site migration, I had almost all the same problems as you (constant red icon, warning light notifications whenever I turned the car off.. I think I even got the incorrect clock warning once). About half the time, MFM could not connect to the car for status, remote commands, etc., but it would work sometimes, in "spurts". Glad to hear I was not alone... obviously, that collection of issues is not an isolated scenario.

For me, this all went on until New Years, when I finally had all the recall updates performed and MFT 3.6 installed. At first, the red icon didn't go away, but it eventually did (after a couple weeks). I'd say that MFM connectivity has improved back to where it was before the October migration (meaning, works 98% of the time). My only remaining issues are that the Trip & Charge log doesn't record the average Wh/mi like it used to (always zero or "--") and occasionally the log seems to be missing events (more often than I remember). Both of the latter behaviors started immediately after the recall updates were performed.

In any case, are you sure your car has all the latest software?

(Not that MFT likely has much to do with your issues, but do you have 3.6? I ask because I don't think that version has a daylight savings setting any longer, so I found it odd that you mentioned such a setting.)

WattsUp said:
JTCalif said:
[...]
In any case, are you sure your car has all the latest software?

(Not that MFT likely has much to do with your issues, but do you have 3.6? I ask because I don't think that version has a daylight savings setting any longer, so I found it odd that you mentioned such a setting.)

Good question. I skipped a couple of types of recall work, thinking that so much of the car is working really well, that I did not want to mess it up.
I believe mine still uses "Gen2 - V3.1.3".

Back