Fiat 500e

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v_traveller

If the FFE wasn't available at all, I'd wait until this summer and opt for one of these instead of a LEAF.
http://insideevs.com/fiat-500e-pricing-is-a-pleasant-surpise-at-32500-leases-from-199month/

Compared to the FFE - Bigger battery, similar motor (as far as power), and I'm assuming less weight adds up to an 87-mile range. Performance is similar, according to other articles I've read, and Euro chassis/handling probably means that it'll be as fun to drive as our FFEs.

From a styling perspective - I like the fact that it's based on an ICE platform, it's not some quirky looking misfit designed to overtly brag "I'm greener than you" to ICE drivers, like the LEAF and Prius. Okay, maaaybe it's a little quirky looking, but at least there are enough ICE versions of the 500 out there for the 500e to blend in with (in So Cal, that is).

It's much cheaper than the FFE - price after incentives in California makes it about $20,500. That's only $1000 more than the residual on my FFE lease! And it comes with 12 days of a free free rental car (an ICE, I assume) for those times when more range is needed.

Back