SSN, disconnect 12V to start again?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaluo

I know in a perfect situation, you should have the FFE towed after experiencing a SSN. But if that's not an option, would disconnecting the 12V and reconnecting it allow for a hard reboot so you can continue driving? I'm keeping a small toolkit with adjustable wrench in my car just in case I run into the problem.

Others have posted that simply holding in the power button for some time will force the car to shut off and then it can be restarted, provided there's no electrical/mechanical issue behind the SSN.

Looks like that doesn't always work, and usually only does after some time has past. Wondering if disconnecting the 12V would expedite the process. Hopefully I'll never personally find out.

My car has done it about 7 times already and only started to happen after the update.
What has always worked for me was to turn the car off, open the door then close the door. Then lock the car, then unlock the car then open the door and start.
Basically the exact same sequence if you went into a store and came came back.
Luckily every time it's happened I was easily able to pull over.
I haven't taken it in yet because its been a week since its done it. But next time it does I will take it in.

Back