MyFord Mobile Questions for Newbie

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olagon

Hey guys,

Trying to use the MyFord Mobile Android app (on a OnePlus One phone).

1. Most of the features are grayed out. I can see the remote control and find a charger ok. Tried the remote start. Didn't work or I didn't wait long enough. Are most of these features locked out?

2. The Web version remote control works but it's really slow. I can lock and start/stop car. Anyone know what's the communication bridge on the FFE? 4G network built in? Which network?

Thanks!

I believe the FFE only has a 2G wireless hardware using AT&T?
One concern that has been noted that 2G will be phased out in 2016 and then what will happen?

Have you gone through the 2nd confirmation after 24 hours?

The mobile app doesn't talk directly with the car; it goes to a Ford server first which issues the commands to the car. This means that even if your car cannot communicate the app will still be able to communicate with the server (and also if the app can't communicate with the server that doesn't mean the car can't).

NightHawk said:
One concern that has been noted that 2G will be phased out in 2016 and then what will happen?
I'm not buying this. It is possible that 2G will be phased out for consumer applications, but car companies don't commit to something without ensuring it will work. The standard in the auto industry is to get contracts to ensure the car will be functional for 10 years. This means that cellular access in the FFE should work until 2024 at the minimum.

jmueller065 said:

I think so. About a day later I got another message in the FFE display to accept whatever the message was to authorize my account. I did.

What features should I be able to use on the Android app? The battery screen is blank and nearly everything like Trip Planner has the red circle showing it is not connected.

Olagon said:
jmueller065 said:
The battery screen is blank and nearly everything like Trip Planner has the red circle showing it is not connected.
It sounds like the second confirmation didn't go through then...

yes you can either perform a master reset in the car, or delete the car from your My Ford Mobile account and re-add it.
(I would recommend deleting it from your account and re-adding it. The last time I did a master reset it took me about a week to get everything back to normal and I ended up having to create a new account to get it working.)

I removed the car, waited a few days, and added it back. Just finished up my two confirmations so it looks like I can now remotely unlock/lock/start. However, that feature doesn't work :-( Anyone else have problems getting that to work?

Also, can anyone confirm that ALL other features other than the remote control and find a charger does NOT work? It's grayed out on my Android app.

Back