MFM AT&T 2G Discontinuation

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeves002

So our AT&T rep at work sent us a notice today about 2G discontinuation. Before or by January 1, 2017 all AT&T 2G services will be discontinued. We have 23 devices we gotta upgrade to 3g modems. $$$

I know this has been brought up before on the forum, but I didn't see it in active topics over the past 2 months.

Question is... Whats the replacement? Are we S.O.L? Apologies if I missed something.

breeves002 said:
So our AT&T rep at work sent us a notice today about 2G discontinuation. Before or by January 1, 2017 all AT&T 2G services will be discontinued. We have 23 devices we gotta upgrade to 3g modems. $$$

I know this has been brought up before on the forum, but I didn't see it in active topics over the past 2 months.

Question is... Whats the replacement? Are we S.O.L? Apologies if I missed something.

Sorry, but I have to ask.....you have 23 2G devices???? I manage about 515 cell lines and I haven't seen a 2G device (other than the one in my car :D ) in years!

On topic - I called in a ticket to Ford. They claim the situation will be handled "soon", and before the cutoff. I'll breathe a little easier when I actually see it, as unfortunately the main place I park my car no longer supports a 2G signal.

We don't use cell phones. Our cell phones are all on our own plans and some of us get reimbursed some of us don't. . . depends where we work. Our cell devices are all for low data rate devices. I was surprised when she said we had 23 2G devices. We have a few hundred 3G. . . Gotta figure it out though. We can't have equipment going down!

I hope they have a solution. I'll be pissed if they don't.

The most recent news that someone shared is that all the Lincoln vehicles are getting the new 3G modems first, then Ford will start rolling them out to the Ford owners. Apparently all Lincolns for the last few years have had a modem to allow remote locking/unlocking/starting etc via an app.

hybridbear said:
The most recent news that someone shared is that all the Lincoln vehicles are getting the new 3G modems first, then Ford will start rolling them out to the Ford owners. Apparently all Lincolns for the last few years have had a modem to allow remote locking/unlocking/starting etc via an app.

Found this article.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2084004/new-2015-lincoln-mkc-is-first-with-mylincolnmobile-remote-control-app.html

Back