AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
calvinhc said:
What does "Use IDS level 128 or higher is now required to address various programming issues encountered" mean?

I had the modem upgrade done in March 2022 and ever since then I have not been able to use Value Charging or Go Times, plus the estimated "time to full charge" has been a bogus value (like 0.1 hours regardless of actual SOC). Ford Canada has been useless in the matter.

I'm thinking I should have my dealership "use IDS level 128 or higher" in an attempt to fix this problem, but I would like to know what this means a little better.

IDS is Ford's diagnostics and programming tool. Basically their in-house Forscan from what I know. Level 128 or higher is probably referring to the software version of the IDS.

Also funny you should mention not being able to use Value charging or Go Times. Value Charging and Go Times are fully functional for me, but changing them from the app is nearly impossible because the app says it failed but the change would still go through, but not update on the app. So any changes I make to value charging and go times are usually through the car. My time to full charge is also bogus most of the time, atleast in the car, Fordpass gives a correct estimate time for a full charge. I also still have the issue where manually refreshing in the app causes the app to think I remote started the car and gives me the time until car shuts off thing.

Will have to get into contact with Ford Support to see if they can send my car an OTA update, and if not then I'll contact my local dealer to get a service appt to check the modem for software updates.

KP19 said:
Will have to get into contact with Ford Support to see if they can send my car an OTA update, and if not then I'll contact my local dealer to get a service appt to check the modem for software updates.

Definitely let us know what the new calibration level ends up being when/if you get those updates. It'll be really helpful to a lot of folks in the DIY space. We're all patiently waiting for someone to get these updates and report back so we know what files to look for.

KP19 said:
Also funny you should mention not being able to use Value charging or Go Times. Value Charging and Go Times are fully functional for me, but changing them from the app is nearly impossible because the app says it failed but the change would still go through, but not update on the app. So any changes I make to value charging and go times are usually through the car. My time to full charge is also bogus most of the time, atleast in the car, Fordpass gives a correct estimate time for a full charge. I also still have the issue where manually refreshing in the app causes the app to think I remote started the car and gives me the time until car shuts off thing.

I never could adjust the Value Charge and Go Times through the app - not even with the old MyFord app.

When the modem got replaced, I noticed when I got home that the display in the dash said it was in Value Charge mode and would start at 11:00 pm but finish at 11:01 - and it should have taken something like 2 hours. When I plugged it in, the charging started immediately. If I switched to Charge Now, the finish estimate would be something like "start + 0:01".

Even stranger, since using FordPass, when charging, the app gives a finish estimate that is almost always the same (like 7:38 pm) on a day in the PAST.

The charger (EVSE) I've been using since we got the FFE has a delay start feature that allows telling it to not provide power for 1-8 hours. A minor pain, because Value Charging just let you plug in without pressing any buttons. We recently installed another EVSE for my wife's Lightning coming soon. It is WiFi connected and its app allows setting a schedule so it can just be plugged in without pressing anything. Still, FordPass still notifies me that "scheduled charging has not begun" when charging with either unit.

calvinhc said:
KP19 said:

I never could adjust the Value Charge and Go Times through the app - not even with the old MyFord app.

When the modem got replaced, I noticed when I got home that the display in the dash said it was in Value Charge mode and would start at 11:00 pm but finish at 11:01 - and it should have taken something like 2 hours. When I plugged it in, the charging started immediately. If I switched to Charge Now, the finish estimate would be something like "start + 0:01".

Even stranger, since using FordPass, when charging, the app gives a finish estimate that is almost always the same (like 7:38 pm) on a day in the PAST.

The charger (EVSE) I've been using since we got the FFE has a delay start feature that allows telling it to not provide power for 1-8 hours. A minor pain, because Value Charging just let you plug in without pressing any buttons. We recently installed another EVSE for my wife's Lightning coming soon. It is WiFi connected and its app allows setting a schedule so it can just be plugged in without pressing anything. Still, FordPass still notifies me that "scheduled charging has not begun" when charging with either unit.

Yep, yours is doing the exact same thing mine did after the update. I think mine was the first one fixed (at least here on the forums). Hopefully Ford can push the same update to your car ASAP.

Yep. My C-Max behaved similarly. I keep my VC set to start at midnight every day of the week and end at 8am (if it takes that long or if I start charging later. L1 usually only takes 5h30m or so on an empty battery). There was a point recently where it kept charging the moment I plugged in despite it showing being set for VC . Eventually it sorted itself out on its own. The actual estimated time to completion has also been all over. Sometimes it'll show like a few minutes on an empty battery, others it'll be close to accurate. Currently it seems to be behaving normally.

Departure Times/Go Times set from FordPass is still useless. Often times it just times out and never sets. I had one occasion that it did set in the car (still timing out in the app) but didn't turn the main Go Times on/off toggle to On!

I do have a side question though based on the comments here: On the Focus EV, do you guys have the 'Next Charge' screen on the IPC/cluster by default where it shows the charge start time and ETA as well as VC/Charge Now toggles? This is not enabled from the factory on the C-Max but after some investigation I did find it was an option and have since enabled it. Quite handy IMHO.

Anti_Climax said:
That sounds like the "charge settings" screen on the center console. On the cluster I think there is also a VC toggle as well.

Yep. The cluster one is the one I'm referring to per the photo attached. From the way some of the comments were worded, I was curious if you guys had this function from the factory. It's not enabled on the C-Max but is available as an AsBuilt option in our IPC.

2013-2016 models it just shows 'Thanks for driving a hybrid' screen at key-off which is basically useless. 17/18 models got a new IPC that has a breakdown of energy use impacts during the drive (ambient temp/climate usage/driving style) which is a little more useful.

Ew0Kkqx.jpg

cr08 said:
Anti_Climax said:
That sounds like the "charge settings" screen on the center console. On the cluster I think there is also a VC toggle as well.

Yep. The cluster one is the one I'm referring to per the photo attached. From the way some of the comments were worded, I was curious if you guys had this function from the factory. It's not enabled on the C-Max but is available as an AsBuilt option in our IPC.

2013-2016 models it just shows 'Thanks for driving a hybrid' screen at key-off which is basically useless. 17/18 models got a new IPC that has a breakdown of energy use impacts during the drive (ambient temp/climate usage/driving style) which is a little more useful.

Ew0Kkqx.jpg

IIRC The Focus EV shares the same IPC as the C-Max Energi, obviously with different options enabled. I used some C-Max asBuilts to enable some features in my IPC so they are def the same / similar. But to answer your question yes we do get the option to change between value charge / charge now at power off by default. (We don't get the breakdown of energy use though, at-least not what you described)

The Value charge toggle has been on my 2012 from the beginning.

There is one of the views on the far left that will show accessory draw (lower gauge), climate draw (upper gauge), instantaneous Wh/mi (line across right gauge), trip average Wh/mi (scrolling cursor on right gauge) and SoC/range, might that be what you're describing?

It's by far my preferred view. It will even show some blue highlighting around the Wh gauge that indicates what Wh/mi it's using to calculate the remaining range, so you can sanity check it.

Anti_Climax said:
There is one of the views on the far left that will show accessory draw (lower gauge), climate draw (upper gauge), instantaneous Wh/mi (line across right gauge), trip average Wh/mi (scrolling cursor on right gauge) and SoC/range, might that be what you're describing?

I missed the "during the drive" part, yep we have that and that's my preferred view as well. I just thought they were talking about a separate view on power off.

>Currently calling Ford Support to inquire about the updated CSP, lets see how this goes lol

KP19 said:
>Currently calling Ford Support to inquire about the updated CSP, lets see how this goes lol

Ford Support couldn't find any info on their end, will call my local dealer tomorrow.

I did notice though in the Doc I posted there was this sentence at the bottom of the 2nd page: "NOTE for Focus Electric Owners Only: Certain charge scheduling functionality (Preferred Charge Times) through the Fordpass App is now available for completed repairs with an over the air update or available to dealers with the latest software level for the TCU which is part of the TCU upgrade process."

Confirms that new modems do support OTA updates. How to actually get an OTA update is the question lol

KP19 said:
Anti_Climax said:

I missed the "during the drive" part, yep we have that and that's my preferred view as well. I just thought they were talking about a separate view on power off.

This is the other screen I was referring to. Again, this seems to only be found on the 17/18 C-Max models which have a completely new IPC part # and there were a number of additional changes on these. I don't know if the Focus EV ever received the new part # (mine is HM5T-10849-AC) or not. This particular screen shows at key-off like the next charge screen. It's one or the other though and changed via AsBuilt. No simple button toggle. In fact I put a 17 IPC in my '13 and had this screen initially but there are likely other modules in the car that need to be updated as this just shows blank values all the time for me. I've since switched to the VC/Charge Now toggle screen like posted previously which is a lot more useful to me.

IMG_3263.jpg.36dc7201e019c7aae83ae21dfb0c0be5.jpg

Also apologies if I really derailed the thread here.

KP19 said:
Confirms that new modems do support OTA updates. How to actually get an OTA update is the question lol

While that should be the case, some companies are not very consistent with separating terminology for remote updates over a network from updates in general.

Talked with the Service Dept of my local Ford Dealer, they looked through Ford OASIS and they don't show any updates for the modem for my car, so they suppose I've got the latest version of the modem software. (Entirely possible since I got my modem software updated back in January)

Maybe sometime this weekend I'll disconnect Ford pass from the car and go through the Ford pass activation again, see if any issues are solved by that.

I've been reading the various posts here about the 3G->4G modem swap (Customer Satisfaction Program 21B09) I have been trying since my first Ford letter (Nov 2021) to get it done, and FINALLY the part is in, and my Focus is at the dealer, awaiting the swap.

I already have/use FordPass for another vehicle, so I am very familiar with this app.

What I am wondering is, when I go to pick up the Focus, I obviously want to try FordPass before I leave--sync it to the Focus, make sure it "works". But what in particular should I pay attention to? It seems that some people have functionality issues, and I want to be aware of what to look for (before I leave the dealer!)

I would appreciate any heads up that you can give me! Thanks!

When they did mine, they initiated the vehicle side connection process as part of it. If you set the vehicle up on the app side it should be ready to drop in when that time comes.

If they mess up the config, none of it will work. If they get the config right but it doesn't have the newer SW load you'll have minimal functionally - map pin, remote lock/unlock, remote start, state of charge and indication when it's charging but no actual charge stats (start, end, energy, etc)

wind_driven said:
I've been reading the various posts here about the 3G->4G modem swap (Customer Satisfaction Program 21B09) I have been trying since my first Ford letter (Nov 2021) to get it done, and FINALLY the part is in, and my Focus is at the dealer, awaiting the swap.

I already have/use FordPass for another vehicle, so I am very familiar with this app.

What I am wondering is, when I go to pick up the Focus, I obviously want to try FordPass before I leave--sync it to the Focus, make sure it "works". But what in particular should I pay attention to? It seems that some people have functionality issues, and I want to be aware of what to look for (before I leave the dealer!)

I would appreciate any heads up that you can give me! Thanks!

Also absolutely do make sure you don't leave without verifying it works. Part of the bulletin has provisions for working with the customer to set up the app and ensure it is working.

Anti_Climax said:
When they did mine, they initiated the vehicle side connection process as part of it. If you set the vehicle up on the app side it should be ready to drop in when that time comes.

If they mess up the config, none of it will work. If they get the config right but it doesn't have the newer SW load you'll have minimal functionally - map pin, remote lock/unlock, remote start, state of charge and indication when it's charging but no actual charge stats (start, end, energy, etc)

I went ahead and put in the VIN for my Focus in FordPass--it took it, and a little representation of my Focus appears, but there is, of course, no connectivity yet (have not picked up the Focus yet).

With my truck, the updates are to "Ford Power-Up", with a version number such as 4.2.4. Also with my truck, I can see a Sync software version (which is a totally different numbering scheme).

What is the latest/new SW for the Electric Ford Focus? Or, at least, what should I hope for!?

Back