Ford Wear Care

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Looking at a lease and wondering who has added the Wear Care, more importantly how much was it (total, not payment increase)? I was quoted $1,700+ today...seemed high.

$1700! I'll have to check my lease papers when I get home but I'm almost sure I paid about $400 at most for it. And it covers upto $4000 of wear. I'll post again once I look for sure. That price sounds more in line with an extended warranty than wearcare.

Wear Care is a product offered by Ford that is basically insurance to cover excess wear and tear on the car over the term of the lease. Ford expects normal wear ie: a door ding here or there and one stone chip in the windshield. But if there is more wear than that they will charge you at the end of the lease. You also need to have 50% of your tire tread remaining at the end of the lease. Wear Care covers up to $4000 in excess wear and tear on the exterior and interior, plus it covers the tires.
Usually I recommend Wear Care when the customer is doing a 3 year lease because they are most likely going to get dinged for the tires, on the 2 year leases it comes down to how well you take care of your car.

Back