Cool License Plates ideas?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

Anyone with a cool personalized license plate idea for electric car?

I live in PA with only license plate in the back

( combination of up to seven letters and numbers. One hyphen or one space is permitted, but not both)

Nope, EL plates in Illinois. Vanity plates are way more expensive - $35 per two years for EL, over $150 a year for vanity plates.

There is a fun club in Illinois - your EL plate number is a serial number - they started at 100 and count up. When you see a plate with a low number, you know that person had his car a long time. And you kind of bow down to them.

There is a rather lengthy discussion about License Plates here:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=944

If you're in Michigan and see ZZZT driving around...thats me...

EVA said:
Nope, EL plates in Illinois. Vanity plates are way more expensive - $35 per two years for EL, over $150 a year for vanity plates.

There is a fun club in Illinois - your EL plate number is a serial number - they started at 100 and count up. When you see a plate with a low number, you know that person had his car a long time. And you kind of bow down to them.
EL plates? Are there special plates for EVs?

We have "Critical Habitat" plates on both our FFE & our FFH. These plates have a special design & require a $30 donation to the MN DNR each year in addition to the regular fees.

I always thought FOPEC was the best, but it's taken in California. TNX DWP also seemed fun and last I looked it was available. (or by extention TNX SCE, TNX SDGE, etc)

Since the EV community is still largely early-adopters, I love the idea of an EL series plate with increasing serial numbers.

Washington State did that when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Popular jersey numbers and the #1 and #12 were auctioned, after which they went in series.

Back