Cannot turn radio ON with Voice, Screen, Dash, etc.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde270

I started having issues in the morning with turning my radio on. I cannot get it to come on with voice command, screen power button, dash power button, and steering wheel to instrument display shows OFF. I can say voice command, "Sirius...", and it will say, "Turning to channel ..., but radio is still off. I've tried turning the car off and back on at red lights to no avail. When, I get back in my car at noon, the radio works. Weather is 65 in the morning and 85+ at noon in Atlanta. Car is 2015 FFEV with just over 3,600 miles. One time, the whole screen turned red, then the radio started to work, again.

When I first bought the car, and was driving it home on a 30+ trip (1/2 battery), I could not get the screen to move off of Navigation. The screen was stuck with my car in its last known position. I made calls with my iPhone on it, but could not see it display the call. Software on Ford Owner reports up-to-date. I charge at work with GE L2 and at home with Siemens VersiCharge L2. I'm driving about 80 miles a day.

My previous car was a 2014 C-Max and I'm used to SYNC.

Any ideas other than the dealer?

I have similar problems to you, but not quite as bad. My voice commands work, but the buttons on the radio doesn't work at times. I don't know how to fix it other than take it to the dealer.

You might pull the 7.5A Fuse #67 and reinstall it.
It is in the second row from the right and 3rd one down (front passenger side on the right of the glove box).

Fixed my problem with MFT not responding and Navigation audio was working but the display (maps) was not.

Sounds about par for the course for MFT. All else fails pull the fuse for it (in the fusebox under the glove compartment).

You could try to bring it up with your dealer but about the only thing they could do is replace the module.

For what it's worth, I had the very same issue--could not get the radio to work at all. Even tried a "reset to factory settings" reboot, no luck. Shortly thereafter there was a heavy rainfall and the next morning the car would not start. I decided to let it sit for a day and try again, since it was a weekend. The following morning, starts right up no problem--and the radio is back. No problem since.

MFT kinda sucks.

Back