WINTER TIRES ANYONE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotusman

HI, what are peoples impressions?

I run winter tires on all my other cars, as Im used to max performance summer tires, and then winter tires dedicted.

Never driven on an all season before, so Im not sure it will cut it for me here in Massachusetts, on my very steep driveway in the winter.

Whats the story with the low rolling resistance? It seems that low rolling resistance would mean poor tire grip in all conditions, no?

Im considering Dunlop winter sport 3d (run them on my audi s6 also), goodyear Ultra gip ice WRT, or the michelin x-ice xi3 which are a "green" low roling resistance tire as well.

Any reviews or feedback? thanks

There was another thread on this awhile back...
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=951
Not sure it will solve your questions, but informative.

thanks, though nothing on that post just an old ebay ad for some tires.

Anyone that has answers please chime in, thanks!!!

I'm using Michelin X-Ice Xi3's. I don't notice any real hit on range, but the increased traction is great. No noticeable road noise increase either.

Simple answer - don't bother with winter tires. I took my FFE out to some big ice patches last week. I couldn't believe how well it handled. We had a little bit of snow in Chicago and the car had no trouble at all. Leave the OEM tires on.

I'm a winter tire guy also. Mercedes E320 has had two sets (it is an old car), Blizzaks first and now Michelin X-Ice Xi3. The Ford Focus Titanium has the summer tire package on it. It gets the same Michelin X-Ice Xi3 during the winter. Frankly, I hate those tires. Should have never followed Consumer Reports advice, instead should have gone with my gut - Blizzaks.

The FFE only gets one set of tires, what he got at the factory.

I put Michelin x-ice3 on when I got the car home from the dealer and the Winter tires are better than the stock tires on our icy roads. My wife's BMW has Blizzaks which are much better than the Dunlop Winter Sport she had before.

Back