Which Charger

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WattsUp said:
zoran009 said:
I am in sfo bay area , just acquired EV looking for 240 charger. dealer said govt or dmv gives free! I dont believe though
When you find the free charger through the DMV, let me know. :lol:
Sure, walk in with an extension cord. However, you have to wait in line and there is only one socket behind counter 18. :)

davideos said:
WattsUp said:
zoran009 said:
I am in sfo bay area , just acquired EV looking for 240 charger. dealer said govt or dmv gives free! I dont believe though
When you find the free charger through the DMV, let me know. :lol:
Sure, walk in with an extension cord. However, you have to wait in line and there is only one socket behind counter 18. :)
Heheh... yeah.

But seriously, zoran... I assume you read this thread about choosing an EVSE? You might also try searching these forums for other "charger" or "EVSE" discussions. The marketplace is heating up and there are many good alternatives out there.

As far as getting things "for free", there are programs out there that will potentially give you a free EVSE, or at least help with the purchase. There used to be a 30% federal rebate you could claim for EVSE equipment/installation, but I think the time has past (you had to purchase in 2013; somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).

One very good idea is to research the EV incentives offered by your local municipalities and utilities. Sometimes cities, towns, counties, and even power companies have their own programs to encourage EV usage. These may include deals on equipment and/or installation.

Here is a good place to start:
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/state

zoran009 said:

Actually they did until very recently. The California Energy Commission gave out an evse with installation. Unfortunately the program ended in December of 2013.

... and I thought the program was just a rebate, and was limited to only certain cars,
not including Ford F E.

No it was an insanely good deal. On the first Tuesday of each month they posted an allocation for the month...generally several hundred units. You had to actually buy the car and claim the unit the same day. What you got was an Aerovironment 6 KW EVSE with installation included at no cost. The only thing you had to pay was for the building permit. Unfortunately this deal has ended....

Back