2017 charger plug got bumped. the CCS outlet bent a little but works

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idriveacar

Someone walking by the car bumped the plug. Now the charging door won't close perfectly, because the combo outlet unit as a whole has rotated down and to the left slightly. Since "bending it back," It closes 99% "enough." Body shop helped that process and I'm wondering what it would look like behind the panel. Is the charger sitting connected to a bracket which bent? Any diagrams or photos to help me imagine this if I were to go in and do a little more bending?

I really don't think the charging itself has been compromised. I plan to drive another 5-8k miles pretty soon here so I guess we'll find out together on that particular instance.

This is a 4-month update that I have experienced no further issues regarding this situation. I am still able to charge at 50kW and have weaseled in a way to make the door appear to close pretty flush still. All in all, it only is a cosmetic issue and others should not worry too much about it.

Back