Update to MFT Coming Soon for FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of what's new.
From what's shown in the video, I will appreciate having the actual % battery capacity displayed. And updating go times from the car makes sense.

The "power flow" screen looks nifty. It is only shown briefly in the video referenced above.

Has anyone found a video of the power flow screen in action yet? Wonder if it has butterflies. ;)

This is great news! I've been waiting patiently for months for this update and hope it fixes a few nagging issues I'm having with weekend value charging. I notice that the Ford Sync site is down so hope that we'll see this posted soon. Thank you Ford!!!

This update is also supposed to fix the clock resetting its self issue. I hope it also expands the list of compatible phones that work with the Sync system. The phone I have (HTX one V Virgin Mobile) doesn't seem to want to connect to Sync services. All other features seem to work fine.

Some info from a brand new FFE owner....

My wife an I just purchased two identical 2013 FFE's just a few days ago. Mine came with 3.1.3 and hers came with 3.5.1 from the factory/dealer. When I quickly noticed the "leaf" screen option missing from my car, as compared to hers, I ran to the car to the service center (before we even left the dealer with them). They said 3.1.3 is all the car will take at the moment, and they also tried the A4 SD card and it was rejected. the syncmyride.com loading dates show that her car was "born" in 1/2013 and mine in 10/2012. I don't know if the factory started loading them that early as a new vehicle, or if somehow the dealer was able to load hers and not mine.

Great news on the upcoming MFT update.
Does anyone know if the PlugShare integration is part of this update?

Thanks,

pciccone said:
Some info from a brand new FFE owner....

My wife an I just purchased two identical 2013 FFE's just a few days ago. Mine came with 3.1.3 and hers came with 3.5.1 from the factory/dealer. When I quickly noticed the "leaf" screen option missing from my car, as compared to hers, I ran to the car to the service center (before we even left the dealer with them). They said 3.1.3 is all the car will take at the moment, and they also tried the A4 SD card and it was rejected. the syncmyride.com loading dates show that her car was "born" in 1/2013 and mine in 10/2012. I don't know if the factory started loading them that early as a new vehicle, or if somehow the dealer was able to load hers and not mine.

Can you provide photos of the updated screens for the rest of us? I've see the video from Ford, but these have proven to be inaccurate in the past. I'm sure those of us without this update yet would appreciate seeing what we are about to get in an update.

Thanks for posting the photos! Does the power flow screen give a real-time representation of the status - as in does it show when the car changes over from drawing power from the batter to putting power back in from regeneration?

Have you noticed any other changes, improvements or bug fixes (hopefully) over the previous version?

@pciccone: Thanks for the photos. (Take some more with the flash off?) :D

Question: Does the power flow screen animate when driving? For example, does it show power "flowing" to the motor when accelerating and back to the battery when braking?

It does, to an extent. I had the opportunity to drive this weekend with my wife to see it. The "circles" around each point get larger as they use (more) energy, and you also do see a small animation on the line that connects each circle.

- I also found a new "charge ring" option in the settings to allow you to control if you want the charge-ring to light all the time, be "smart" or never come on.
- I also see the temperature where the clock is at the top of the screen.

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that Ford decided to give the driver some control over the charge ring lighting. Beyond the novelty, I've found very little use for it. The chargers I use already provide indication of when they are charging and I generally don't need to know the approximate status of the charging operation. I don't like that it comes on every time the door opens as I see no purpose to this. So for me - off it goes.

FFE MFT 3.5.1 update now available, as of 3/28/2013. Request recall 13A01 from the dealer.

Cheers and enjoy.

Phil

Back