Recall / Field Service Action; Where to find more info?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it was a deliberate refusal.

For Ford Canada Executive Liaison, it was a misunderstanding.

Imagine, they still have my car at the dealer... After making the recalls, the keys are not being recognized anymore. My dealer is waiting since last friday on the Ford Canada engineering department.

Just had the recall done. No issues at all. Dealership was honest enough to say they'd never done before, so though the time allowed was .7 hours, they rented me a car. Actually time till I got a call that it was complete was about 2 hours.

My "build" only required the grease and reprogramming. BTW - Nice that the heater doesn't drop the GOM like 20 miles for turning on the heater, but it's actually a little unnerving as I've gotten really good at re-guessing its best guess. Now time to for my brain to be reprogrammed...

Hello everyone,

I am finally getting my car back today. They have successfully reprogrammed the keys of my car. It took almost 2 weeks to the Ford Canada engineer team to come up with a valid solution. I have to say that the formal notice I sent on monday and that they received on tuesday really did accelerate things this week. I am convinced that the Ford Canada engineer team has started to look at the problem only this week even if the Ford Canada president official delegate said otherwise.

Hey everyone.

I recently got these recall items performed on my 2012 Focus Electric, maybe about a month ago give or take. (I took it in after experiencing the issue while in motion). They had it ready for me the same day, but it was in the dealer for more than a few hours... Maybe like 4 hours or so? I wasn't charged anything for the service.

Anyway, last Friday I returned to my car and received the Stop Safely Now warning and the car would not start. I had driven 30 miles from work to my kid's school for a function with no issues, and was parked for around 3 hours, but when I returned I got the SSN warning on trying to start the car and could not start the car. I got the car towed over to the dealership Saturday afternoon and will hopefully receive some diagnostic info from them soon.

40 days to end of lease, 6th SSN, Roadside Assistance says, "we tow to the closest Ford dealer", I say to them, "but that dealer does not have EV techs and has previously informed me the do not service EV's when I inquired about service, etc.", and Roadside Assistance states, "I can only advise then to have it towed to a Ford dealer at your expense, we only tow to the closest dealer".
WTF?
3 hours later........
Hoping to get my Lemon Law refund, as this "beta testing" for Ford has not been a pleasurable experience.

15C06 recall and tire rotation done on ours, at about 10,000 miles. (No harsh winter weather or snowy roads here, for other recall work.)
Work was done in 3 or 4 hours, and dealer gave me a loaner at no cost except to refill the fuel tank (98 cents, into a nice C-Max). (C-Max had less blind spot problem than our Focus, thanks to more glass in critical corners.)
Dealer's service crew was fine and friendly, but made 1 goof: did not recognize the higher pressure called for in the LRR tires: I spotted that on their report (35 psi), and they corrected it quickly.
Note: another service place made same mistake: watch for that tire pressure, when you take yours in for any such work.
Now about 4 years of driving FFE, and no big problem other than spikes in tires.
Hope am not inviting trouble by reporting our good experience.

Back