Field service Action 15B23

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattbrown said:
Hi All,

This past Mon April 18th while driving 90 km/hr (I'm in Ontario, Canada eh!!!) on a side road I received my second SSN message. The first SSN message was back in Nov 2015 and due to a short in the cabin heater. I was able to come to a safe stop and get a tow from Ford Road Side Assistance to a local dealer. After talking briefly with the service manager, he informed me, my FFE is due for the following recalls:

FSA Title: HIGH VOLTAGE WIRE HARNESS UPDATE AND REPROGRAM POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
Field Service Action Number: 15B23

FSA Title: HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY PACK CONNECTOR CORROSION
Field Service Action Number: 16B02

FSA Title: 16B02 BATTER PACK CONNECTOR
Field Service Action Number: 16A01

This is my first visit to this dealership, but that seem to be handing the recalls well. While performing the inspection on the Battery Pack Connector the tech noticed a crack. They have now removed my Lower battery and they are waiting for a crate to ship it for repair. I saw the photos of jeffand 's car a noticed that removed the upper and lower battery. Right now they have only removed the lower battery on mine. does anyone know if both should be removed. Also does anyone know if they repair the connection or replace the battery pack?

I figure I will be out of my FFE for a long time, but at least they gave me a nicely loaded 2016 (gas guzzling) Edge to drive during the repair.

Thanks for any help or info.
They most likely will not replace the battery for anything but cell failure. I had the same issue. Mine took 6 weeks and 4 days total time out of service. However, this was when the battery shield retrofit just came out, and some time was waiting for that. Hopefully your dealer orders the battery shield, coolant filters, and anything else needed while the battery is sent back to Piston so when it comes back you can be back online ASAP.

Also, only the lower battery pack is affected by the connector corrosion issue. Unless there are other issues, only the lower needs to be sent back to Piston.

sefs said:
mattbrown said:
They most likely will not replace the battery for anything but cell failure. I had the same issue. Mine took 6 weeks and 4 days total time out of service. However, this was when the battery shield retrofit just came out, and some time was waiting for that. Hopefully your dealer orders the battery shield, coolant filters, and anything else needed while the battery is sent back to Piston so when it comes back you can be back online ASAP.

Also, only the lower battery pack is affected by the connector corrosion issue. Unless there are other issues, only the lower needs to be sent back to Piston.

Thanks Sefs for responding back, I was hoping for a new battery silver lingin, but mine is still performing well so I can't complain. I assumed I will be out of my FFE for at least 3 week, but hopefully it won't take the 6 weeks yours did. I will ask the service dept. if they have ordered the filters and shield while they wait for the battery to come back.

Once again thanks for responding and I'll keep you posted once I get more info from the dealer.

mattbrown said:
Thanks Sefs for responding back, I was hoping for a new battery silver lingin, but mine is still performing well so I can't complain. I assumed I will be out of my FFE for at least 3 week, but hopefully it won't take the 6 weeks yours did. I will ask the service dept. if they have ordered the filters and shield while they wait for the battery to come back.

Once again thanks for responding and I'll keep you posted once I get more info from the dealer.
How did the repair go? Since my FFE is working fine & I have less than 3 months left on my lease I do not want to take it in for any of these recalls due to the concerns about losing it for months.

Back