New Lease deals...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so I did it. I was able to find what I think is a good deal on the car.
$278 per month (for 35 months)
$500 down (includes first month payment)
13,500 miles per year

I opted for the extended wear and care, which add another $23 a month, which brings my monthly total to $301. But, the price I got on the car was the $278 per month.

This is the White Tricoat color one. Everything is great in it. I love the car. And, my wife (the skeptic), loves it too!

philly_ev,

Congratulations on getting FFE!
You will not regret getting the FFE at all. You got also a great deal!
Enjoy!

Thanks. I love the car. I need to figure some of the things out in it. Like the 'L' gear thing, but I'm sure that's been addressed in the forum somewhere.

philly_ev said:
Thanks. I love the car. I need to figure some of the things out in it. Like the 'L' gear thing, but I'm sure that's been addressed in the forum somewhere.
There are no real gears in the FFE. Whenever you are not accelerating (e.g., you are "coasting") the car is always doing a little bit of regen (that is, generating electricity by using the car's forward momentum to drive the motor). In D, the FFE does "some" regen (very light). In L, it does "more". That's the only difference. It's a simple software control, not an actual gear selector.

The car also regens (variably) as you press the brake pedal. The nature of the variable braking resistance is identical to the fixed programmed resistance when coasting in D or L. You simply have control over it when braking. Whenever the Brake Coach says 100%, you have come to stop using pure regen resistance. Otherwise, you stopped using a mix of regen resistance and normal brakes (pads and rotors). Either way, the normal brakes are hardly ever used and should last the lifetime of the car.

That all said, you'll probably find that the L position is mainly useful when coasting down (fairly steep) hills as it helps maintain the car speed due to the increased resistance. Every significant hill is a chance to recharge your battery a bit! It can also be fun to "slalom" on a curvy road in L, using only the accelerator to modulate between acceleration and "braking".

Lastly, because as I mentioned L is not an actual "low" gear, is not necessary or helpful to use it when going up a hill. The shifter position makes absolutely no difference when climbing (or any other kind of acceleration). The car will chug up a hill exactly the same in D or L.

Just agreed to terms on 2013 lease. For the math geeks out there here are the numbers Ford is using right now.

incentive = 12,750 (this basically makes it a cheaper lease than the lower MSRP 2014)

Residual values for 15K
50%/24 months, 42%/36 months. These residuals made the 24 month lease aweful. :(
18K = -3%

APR top tier 24 months= 4.25, 36 months= 0.25

We got them real close to $299/month, 0 down, 18K/year. OMG!
Then we added in around $3700 of negative equity and lowered the miles to $16.5K/year for $410, zero down. (those good with math, please don't hate me. I used to be a sales rep at a different delarship I know how to play the game well). I drive 32 miles to work one way and am going to trickle charge (120v) there on the outside of the building.

They tried to raise the APR to 1.25 since they were basically lowering the vehicle to invoice. Not sure where it landed. I'll see all the numbers Thursday morning. I'll report back then.

Oh, and they are going to let us borrow a big vehcile to take our schedule camping trip later this week that the focus would have been too small for. (one of our time objections). I hope its their purple ford Edge. That might get them a raving review.

Thanks to everyone's help here, I negotiated a lease of a new FFE last weekend. It's blue with leather.

I live in the East San Francisco Bay Area, and searched dealers from San Jose to Sacramento. I had a sweet deal negotiated at $2,500 total drive off & $195/mo (36 mos, 10,500 mpy), only to find out it sold just as I was literally heading out the door to go buy it.

Once I decided I only wanted blue with leather, I found that this combo was very hard to find. I could only find one in stock throughout Northern Calif. Growing impatient after letting one slip away, I succumbed to temptation & leased it at $2,500 & $220/mo. I know that if I would've been more patient I might've found a better deal, but I have no regrets as I fall in love with this car.

Just signed my first lease, ICE blue with leather.. $2000 down with $230 a month (x 35), tax, license, registration all included. I'm in the bay area, CA.

While negotiating for the best pricing, the dealer explained that all rebates and incentive is taxable. In my case, its close to 9% or $1129.38 ( incentive total $12,750). Its listed on the lease agreement as "Upfront tax". This is the first time i'm leasing. Is this true or I have been taken for a ride? Can anyone comment on that? In the end, it didn't matter as much as my total cost for 3 years is $10,050 which is close to my target price. Minus the CA $2500 back, my net is closer to $7500.

newfly said:
Just signed my first lease, ICE blue with leather.. $2000 down with $230 a month (x 35), tax, license, registration all included. I'm in the bay area, CA.

While negotiating for the best pricing, the dealer explained that all rebates and incentive is taxable. In my case, its close to 9% or $1129.38 ( incentive total $12,750). Its listed on the lease agreement as "Upfront tax". This is the first time i'm leasing. Is this true or I have been taken for a ride? Can anyone comment on that? In the end, it didn't matter as much as my total cost for 3 years is $10,050 which is close to my target price. Minus the CA $2500 back, my net is closer to $7500.
I did some Googling, and that does seem to be right. Manufacturer rebates, down payments, interest, and doc fees are all taxable. That would amount to another $34/month ($13,750 total with conquest lease rebate, divided by 36) for me, making the lease far less attractive. Bummer.

newfly said:
While negotiating for the best pricing, the dealer explained that all rebates and incentive is taxable. In my case, its close to 9% or $1129.38 ( incentive total $12,750). Its listed on the lease agreement as "Upfront tax".

Congratulations, newfly! I believe your dealer misspoke somewhat... the rebates and incentives themselves are not taxable; it's the capital reduction off of the negotiated price that is. The number that sales tax is applied to is the sum of all rebates, incentives, and down payment (if any). Usually referred to as "Capital reduction".

When all is said and done, we're supposed to be taxed on the entire value (capital cost) of the car. So at the beginning of the lease, if we have any capital reduction through rebates, incentives, and/or down payment, we need to be taxed on it. Then, as we make each payment, we are taxed on the payment. Finally, if we choose to buy the car at the end of the lease, we pay sales tax on the purchase price, which typically is at the residual cost (though due to the 2014 price reduction, we may be able to negotiate, or even offered, a price less than the residual).

So in the end, we pay approximately the same amount of sales tax on a lease that we would on an outright purchase. One sweet thing about a lease is that if we turn in the car or trade it in at or before lease end, we've paid less taxes over time (about half) than if we purchased for the same negotiated price - because on a purchase we pay all the sales tax up front.

So.. don't worry, you haven't been taken for a ride, not financially at least. Enjoy your new ride!

dp35 said:
Once I decided I only wanted blue with leather, I found that this combo was very hard to find. I could only find one in stock throughout Northern Calif. Growing impatient after letting one slip away, I succumbed to temptation & leased it at $2,500 & $220/mo. I know that if I would've been more patient I might've found a better deal, but I have no regrets as I fall in love with this car.
Still an awesome deal, dp35! Congrats on getting the last one. So... where'd you get it from? Sacramento? I'm wondering how you got it back home if that's where you found it... on one charge? If so, that's quite impressive!

I know it's a personnel choice but trying to gauge what others might pay extra a month to lease a 2013 vs.2014. If one were to use the national deals as a starting point the 2014's are running approximately $100 more a month for a 36 M/10,500 mile net deal excluding taxes and registration. Of course even the national deals are somewhat suspect in that the sticker price on the 2014 is actually $4000 less, so you would think the car would be priced comparatively. With on average of only 160 FFE's sold per month and about 500 dealers selling the car Ford/ Ford dealers don't seem so eager to move on a car that could sit on the lot for 120 days.

v_traveller said:
dp35 said:
Still an awesome deal, dp35! Congrats on getting the last one. So... where'd you get it from? Sacramento? I'm wondering how you got it back home if that's where you found it... on one charge? If so, that's quite impressive!

Good observation. Yes, getting it home was slightly challenging. On the Ford website it said the dealer (in Folsom) was 67 miles from my house. So I thought with 75 miles of range I'd be fine. But as I left the dealer with the car I found out I was actually 82 miles from home. Oops! Not yet knowing about things like Charge Point or Plug Share apps, or how to use the car's nav system, it was pretty nerve wracking. Luckily I remembered passing the Ford dealer in Fairfield, and hoped that they had an available charger. Turns out they did. By the time we went to In & Out for dinner, I had enough juice to get home... until I drove too fast & got back in trouble. But I made it, with three miles of charge to spare. The adventure was a lot of fun.

A Big 9V said:
I know it's a personnel choice but trying to gauge what others might pay extra a month to lease a 2013 vs.2014. If one were to use the national deals as a starting point the 2014's are running approximately $100 more a month for a 36 M/10,500 mile net deal excluding taxes and registration. Of course even the national deals are somewhat suspect in that the sticker price on the 2014 is actually $4000 less, so you would think the car would be priced comparatively. With on average of only 160 FFE's sold per month and about 500 dealers selling the car Ford/ Ford dealers don't seem so eager to move on a car that could sit on the lot for 120 days.

Not sure where you are getting that $100 from. Rather than trying to gauge from incomplete anecdotal reports, try going to Ford Credit Payments Estimator and select your model, year and terms.

Right now, for a 36-month lease, 10,500 miles / year, $0 down, nearly identical $900-ish due at signing:

2013 FFE: $262
2014 FFE: $298
Difference: $36, not $100 / month.

Regarding that $4,000: 2014 FFE may have a lower MSRP by $4,000, but its lease currently comes with $2,000 less in incentives (disclosed to us), as well as higher money factor and/or lower % residual value (both hidden from us), for a slightly higher lease payment.

First thanks for noting the Ford Estimator a good tool to start with, which I had seen a week ago posted on this board. Like many who have shopped the car, on paper it's $36 but real world where dealers are all over the place, in my shopping it's closer to the $100 I noted. Just my experience, I'll have to negotiate harder. Do like your number a whole lot better. $36 bucks for a 14vs13 for me would be worth it. Appreciate your post.

dp35 said:
On the Ford website it said the dealer (in Folsom) was 67 miles from my house. So I thought with 75 miles of range I'd be fine. But as I left the dealer with the car I found out I was actually 82 miles from home. Oops! Not yet knowing about things like Charge Point or Plug Share apps, or how to use the car's nav system, it was pretty nerve wracking. Luckily I remembered passing the Ford dealer in Fairfield, and hoped that they had an available charger. Turns out they did. By the time we went to In & Out for dinner, I had enough juice to get home... until I drove too fast & got back in trouble. But I made it, with three miles of charge to spare. The adventure was a lot of fun.
LOL! Now that's the best drive-home-from-the-dealership story I've ever heard! All the other great ones Ive heard or experienced ended up with the vehicle not making it home, or not even off of the lot... glad yours ended well!

I'm wondering what you all think. I'm in Connecticut. I haven't yet signed the lease, I just put
A deposit

Focus electric with leather seats (which I don't really want but it's all I can find) for $1000 at signing and $269/month (+tax=$290)
And I'm adding lease end damage protection too for about $18 per month
I'm trying to reduce the price more but this is where it stands as of now

Thanks!

IMO-a good deal on a 13, a better deal on the 14. Tell me 12KMPY and all in all not bad. Volt deals are mid range compared to their national deal. FFE's are all over the place more on the high end of their national deals. With August units at 175 not sure where Ford is going with their strategy. Don't think there is one.

Sounds like a decent deal. Personally, I'd pass on the lease-end damage. Just bank the $18/mo; if you have damage, use the $600+ you've saved toward it. Been leasing cars since 1999, only time I had to pay was $250 for a pretty huge dent on a front quarter panel of a '99 Altima.

Back