New Lease deals...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bchawla said:
I am aiming for $250 incl tax and $1000 down.
Can I get that.
Thanks

I would think so, at this point. Google Honda Fit EV, and you will find that their $389 lease is down to $259 with $0 down, unlimited mileage and includes collision insurance.

Also, the front page of the L.A. Times today (Saturday) is dominated by an article on EV price wars, featuring the 500e, Leaf, and Fit EV. I'd take that to a dealer and tell them that you'll take an FFE if they can match the Fit EV $0 down and $259/mo. Or better yet, get on edmunds.com and use their service to spam your choice of dealers with such an offer, see what comes back. From my experience (with another vehicle, not my FFE), most will call you first thing in the morning, some won't read their email until Monday, but by morning you will be orchestrating a bidding war from the comfort of your home.

If you don't get any good offers, I'd recommend waiting for summer, when the Spark EV and 500e hit the showrooms. But I'm still betting that you'll be able to get a great offer now; in my experience the salespeople assigned to sell the FFE at the dealerships around So Cal seemed very aware of the competition and should realize that they need to hook you now before more lines are cast into the water.

Just brought one home this week. MSRP $40,590 (Metalic Paint) 36 months 13,500 Miles per year with $3,000 Out of pocket I'm paying $200.75 per month including the PA 9% lease payment tax. Total cap cost reduction they used was $11,750.

I usually don't lease but considering the lease rate was .50 (Half % point) almost 0 interest this is better deal getting the $11,750 cap cost reduction then the $7,500 plus 2k rebate I would have received if I bought. Now if I want to buy this car it would cost me $17,300 plus $7,000 in lease payments or $24,000. Since I would save barely any cash buying now because of the lease rate. I will wait the 3 years to determine if still a value to us and act accordingly then. Its possible on this deal we may actually have equity in the car if gas prices shoot over $5 per gallon.

Contrary to poplar belief you can have equity at the end of a lease. You simply force the dealership to buy out the lease and roll the equity into the next deal. Did this with a Toyota Tacoma that had 3k equity after 1 year of 3 year lease.

John

Bought one yesterday - Black - MSRP $41,049. $1K down 12K miles 36 months. payment is $249 per month incl tax. I also bought the wear protection. I am not sure if that was the right thing to do. No pressure at the dealership.
Just FYI - found out after I bought the car that the Charge Point super charger (440V) does not work with Focus. That is a bummer. The leaf has 220 and 440 volt option, but focus is a nicer looking car. I am in S. CA. I went to two charging stations yesterday and both were in use. Before that I never saw anyone use the charger. Just my luck.

bchawla said:
I also bought the wear protection. I am not sure if that was the right thing to do. No pressure at the dealership.
Congratulations on your new FFE.

What is "wear protection" and how much was it? Did you include that in your $41K?

Wear protection was $675 and that was in addition to the MSRP. It added about $19 to the base lease of $249. Wear protection cover excessive wear and tear on the car. The rate I got was about $1K below dealer invoice.

Leased mine yesterday at Brien Ford in Everette Wa. All options loaded 12k miles 3 years 0 down 279 month. In and out with new focus ev in 45 minutes. Highly recommend dealer! :D

Looked at and test drove the leaf. I simply liked everything about the FFE better!! A little more money, but I hope well spent. My only reservation was how few have been sold, I feel a bit like a beta tester. 3 years is a long time if car becomes a problem! Expecting and hoping for he best. I assume Ford doesn't want their newest baby "found on road dead"!! So far 200 mile into it I am in love....... :D

Well, welcome to the unofficial FFE Beta Test Support Group. Folks here will help you keep that romance going! They sure have helped me.... Four months, 6000 miles and counting...

Our new deal...

36mo.
12K per year
$0 down (including first payment)
$275/mo. + $22 tax

But no Homelink... are you kidding me?

I received a lease quote from a place near me in Philly.

They offer:
$550 down (includes tax, tag, first months payment)
$325 a month
36 months
12k miles

I emailed them back and asked them to quote me for the FFE without leather because that option is adding $28 a month for the 36 months. Waiting to hear back.

I am hoping to get them down to below $300 a month, but from what I can tell some of you have received a better offer than this. Any ideas on what else I can do to get this cost down?

If you haven't done this yet, I'd check for at least one other dealer within the full-charge range of your home, see if they have a FFE. Let them know what your current deal is, then let them know exactly what lease terms it will take for them to gain your business. Suggest doing via email vs via phone, or you risk wasting your time listening to a salesman trying to convince you to come to the dealership and then talk the details. Don't go unless you have an email documenting their agreement to terms that you are happy with.

Once you get that documentation, ask your local dealer to match the deal. If you've got the stomach for it, you can go another round or two, especially if there is more than two dealers involved.

Good luck!

philly_ev said:
I received a lease quote from a place near me in Philly.

They offer:
$550 down (includes tax, tag, first months payment)
$325 a month
36 months
12k miles

I emailed them back and asked them to quote me for the FFE without leather because that option is adding $28 a month for the 36 months. Waiting to hear back.

I am hoping to get them down to below $300 a month, but from what I can tell some of you have received a better offer than this. Any ideas on what else I can do to get this cost down?

Let me apply the methodology that is used in the buy/lease discussion room at Nissan Leaf owners forum. They are quite active in this type of discussion and very helpful.
One way to compare offers from multiple dealers is to look at the total costs during the lease period.
In your case, it would be $550 + $325 x 35 months = $11,925. Ford does not charge any disposition fee at the end of the lease. So, it is a little simpler.
The total amount of $11,925 that will come out of your pocket during next three years seems higher than most other cases here in So. Cal.
I would try to bring it closer to $10K. I hope other FFE owners in Philly area could chime in here.
Otherwise, you would need to shop around a little more and see what you get.

I was able o get them down to $550 down, $295 a month for 36 months with 12000 miles. His brings us to $10875 across 36 months ($550 + $295x35). That is or the car in black with leather. What do you think of that? I was originally at $11925, and was able to bring them down by $1050.

Also, has anyone ever done the 'Additional Security Deposits' option to lower their payments?

philly_ev said:
Also, has anyone ever done the 'Additional Security Deposits' option to lower their payments?

We did. We had substantial equity in our trade-in--almost enough to cover the entire cost of the lease. Ford Credit wouldn't take it--we had to take one of the standard leases. The most we could put down was the 1st payment and the other "closing" costs.

The dealer ended up cutting us a check. This was the first vehicle purchase/lease that I've ever done where I walked away with a car and cash! LOL

philly_ev said:
I was able o get them down to $550 down, $295 a month for 36 months with 12000 miles. His brings us to $10875 across 36 months ($550 + $295x35). That is or the car in black with leather. What do you think of that? I was originally at $11925, and was able to bring them down by $1050.

I would say much better now.
But, isn't the Ford official offer on Focus Electric web page something like $929 down and $284 per month?
That would be without the leather option but it is something that you would get without any haggle as long as your credit score is top tier.
It is definitely a baseline with which you can compare.
I have seen in the forums that others got their FFE with leather lower than my clothes FFE. I didn't get too bad of a deal either. So, I am guessing the $1000 leather option is not much of a big margin factor for a dealer. (something like $700 official invoice, which means actual cost to the dealer would be even lower than that. On top of that, you would be only paying for the depreciation over three year period in the case of leasing.)

Does your monthly payment includes state and local tax? If so, what is the rate?
In the end, my opinion would be only one of reference points for you since I am located in a entirely different region.

Okay, so taking a couple of minutes using the calculator on the Ford website, looks like the factory offer is:

$940 initial payment + title/reg fee
35 months @ $295/mo for base model, 12,000 miles/yr
36 months @ $15/mo for leather (not 35 months, since leather isn't included in the above $940)
36 months @$28/mo for tax on the $310 monthly payment

So it's about $12,800+fees total for the offer based on MSRP. You probably should check my math. It sounds like you're getting about $1900+fees off on the lease terms. Others may have gotten better deals than that, but personally I'd be happy with it.

The other comparison you should look at is the residual value at the end of the lease. The website doesn't say what the residual is, but using the residual on my lease of 47%, I suspect the residual on your FFE will be $40990 *47% = $19265. If your residual is any lower than that, it should be factored into your consideration if there's a chance you'll purchase the FFE or trade it in for something else at or before lease termination.

I think I got a fair deal
I've owned it for a month now and have 2,200 miles on it already and absolutely love this car.
I gave up my 2012 328 for this and am so glad I did.
I put $500 down which took care of first payment and tax. (9.1% tax)
My payment is $341.88 total for 3yr lease. I have 15k miles a year, white Platinum with leather.
Tags are only $38 a year here in AZ for an electric car.

Back