Ford is doing a buyback on my car, selling Lever 2 charger

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper7821

I got the official letter from Ford and started the buyback process and do not need my Clipper Creek LCS-25 charger anymore.
If anyone wants to buy it please let me know. It's 5 months old and still have the manuals and box.
Also I had the electrician make it portable and it has a 3 pin dryer plug on it. Will also include the outdoor circuit box with 3 pin receptacle.
http://stores.buyevse.com/-strse-6/Level-2-EVSE%2C-Level/Detail.bok

Was looking for $425 plus shipping. I will sell it when Ford gets my replacement vehicle which should be a few weeks. I already have a few takers at this price and I will let everyone know when my new F150 comes in and this is ready to ship out.
By the way, Ford replaced the 12v battery last week thinking that was the SSN problem. I've had three SSN's in the last week
I recorded two of the three. If anyone else has these issues I strongly recommend recording it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-N0qmVsQo

Broke down again today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxHZeEUiiDI

Thanks

And broke down again today for the 2nd time leaving work.
http://youtu.be/rqdH2NuD6xY

I'm dropping it off for good tomorrow and getting a rental car until the buyback is complete.
Ford is being really great so far with the buyback process.

Wow, 4 times in a week and they still can't find the cause. Does not make any sense. I would think Ford knows what's wrong but they are not saying for whatever reason......

slooowr6 said:
I would think Ford knows what's wrong but they are not saying for whatever reason......
Or more likely, the same software "engineers" are working on the website and app merger who are working on the FFE software. And their success rate is exactly the same for both projects.

I dropped off my Focus last night and I'll never get to drive it again :(
I really do love that car but just geting tired of all the SSN's.
I'm in a rental F150 until the buyback process is completed and drive home with my new F150.
I'm really looking forward ro my new truck but not looking forward to having to go to a gas station again.
But we sold the F250 Diesel and will only have two cars and two insurances and don't have to worry aboit shuffling the F250 everyday just to get the two cars out of the garage.

I'm still keeping the charging station until the process is completed just in case there's any issues.

And again, im really impressed with Ford corporate and great they are treating me.

How did you start the buyback process? I got the SSN twice this week, and the one today happened on a busy freeway (not cool). Thanks for any info on how you got the process started.

Just completed our buyback last week - received the payoff today...

...loved my FFE, but it was like a relationship gone bad...lack of trust in the end - not a gamble I was willing to take.

I was originally going to pick up a 2014 FFE, but the dealer was asking 50 more per month for the exact same car!... no guarantee it would be SSN free, either.

voted with my wallet and drove to Toyota Carson... got a RAV4 EV.

Good luck all - thanks for all the advice, this forum had been invaluable.

Congrats on the RAV4 EV, robochimp!

If there are any left next summer, I'll probably pick one up from Carson Toyota also...can't beat Dianne's deals!

Thanks v_traveller.

We had a great experience with Dianne - My wife and I both actually enjoyed being at that dealership. If you check her thread on the Rav4EV forum, she updates very regularly and
was fantastic about getting back to us quickly with all queries. They do all of the paperwork for you for the CVRP and HOV stickers.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=749
she puts her cell and email right in her posts - call her, seriously - she means it.

(Airport Marina Ford never even mentioned to us we had CVRP as a benefit so we missed out on the $2500 check from the state on lease of the FFE...ouch!)
I just get the sense that the FFE to them was really a burden and it was all about the Fusion and CMax.

End of Sept is the best time to lease one of these as the 2014s rolled in on Oct 1st and the deals changed a bit on the lease terms..but they are still offering UNLIMITED mileage
which is huge for us as this is now the car we drive 99% of the time due to the extended range (130+ miles) The powertrain is Tesla (model S) and has no torque limiter :] I've never owned
a car that could lay 10 feet of rubber down the street (should I choose to ;] ) The pickup is amazing and make sure you test it in "Sport" mode.

Since this is currently the only SUV EV on the market, there are no EVs that can come close to the amount of storage space it has - I really missed that with the FFE as it
could take 3 bags of groceries max before I had to start laying things on seats.

I don't want this to sound like a kid bragging about his new bike, rather, I'm just happy how everything turned out after how crazy the SSN thing was.
People should know there are other options that may fit the EV lifestyle.

Never going back to gas, ever...

Thanks all!

Robochimp, I totally agree about the RAV 4. I have one too and think it is great. I also have a Focus Electric, though, so I have my feet in both pools. My wife mainly drives the RAV, and I drive the FFE. We got the unlimited miles option also, which is very cool. My only regret is that I did not hear about Dianne and her amazing deals until 2 days after I leased it. Enjoy!

That's awesome, Syrinx. My plan is to follow your lead and add the RAV4 EV to the family fleet, for my wife to use as "the mothership". She was against the idea until I showed her that we're spending about $200/mo on gas for her to drive maybe 600 miles/month, and I'm spending about $40/mo in electricity to drive 1500 miles/month. The FFE and RAV4 EV are the best BEVs for the buck right now, in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, what is the Rav4 lease payment and total down payment. Unlimited miles sounds really nice.

From the link in robochimp's post for the remaining 2013 stock that Dianne has:

$48,888 selling price
TFS $14,000 applied against the lease, therefore 0 - Z E R O - 0 cash needed from you.
At 12K annual, 35 more months at $469-477 + tax a month depending on your own county of residence.
Residual $20,418.

UNLIMITED MILEAGE LEASE, same selling costs, residual is $19,422.
35 more months at $498-508 + tax a month depending on your own county of residence.

Two months ago, better incentives made the lease payments about $40 to $50 less than the above quotes. Which is why I'm waiting until next summer to try to pick one up. Problem is that the rumor is that Toyota will cease production after they gain enough ZEV credits; saw a prediction somewhere that it may happen sometime in April.

A good *lease* deal on the RAV would look kinda like this:

$440/mo (+ tax)...

0 cash down (Toyota rolls the tax, title, reg, & misc fees into the MSRP)

Unlimited Mileage

$15400 Lease "Toyota Cash" discount take off the top of the MSRP!

3 years roadside

3 mo Sirius

$19,920 residual - should you choose to buy at the end. It's an open end lease.

also gotta figure in the $2500 CA CVRP ( or about 5 months of payments! )

total MSRP if I calculate the payments, residual -l less CVRP is around $35000ish... not bad for a 50K car.

this may be very attractive to some considering that I was quoted $354/mo on a 2014 FFE (leather)
(I'm convinced they didn't want to really lease to me after the buyback ;]).

The RAV is much more car for the extra hundred, IMO - the range and unlimited miles are the biggie!

Just got everything ironed out today and should habe my new 150 in a few days.
Ford corporate has been amazing. There were some bumps as the dealer said there's no way I'm getting into a F150 and all my lease terms would remain the same. They said Ford credit won't even do it and I also have to requalify and a ton of other hoops to go through.
But totay it's pretty much all settled and Ford is getting the truck from another dealer and when is comes in I just go get the truck.
Ford even pays the sales tax and license/registration fees which is great.
So hopefully I'll be in a new truck by next week and my charging station can be sold then.

My buyback process is just about completed and my new truck is already at the dealer.
My charging station is ready to be sold if anyone is interested.
$425 plus shipping (which should only be $15 or so).

Please email if interested
[email protected]

I really loved my FFE, I just couldn't handle the SSN's.

Back