Forced Focus

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. So it all started when someone bumped the front corner of my 09 VW Passat Wagon. I looked at the minor damage and figured it might cost more than $500 so I filed a claim. They totaled it and I got $2400. With no extra cash available I needed something fast and low cost. After searching for weeks I came across a 2016 Ford Focus Electric with 84,631 miles and a new battery with only 1,000 miles on it for $5,987 I'm in southern CA I work 2.7 miles from home and my employer gives us free EV charging 😀 I'm loving it!!!

Yeah, I rarely put more than 4,000 miles per year. I'm walking distance to most everything I need. I'm working on programming an extra key but I keep getting sent wrong fob and emergency key combos BT4T-15K601-HX with HU101 seems to be a rare beast.

Yeah, I decided to go with just the fob. To me, getting the right key blank cut wasn't worth the hassle. Besides, had two complete keys anyway. Consider getting one of those magnetic key holders, and just put a cut key in that on the car somewhere. All the cut key can do is get you inside the car, you still need the fob to drive it.

Unfortunately I only have one fob.
I got the Universal EZ installer and the two new fobs are exact matches, so if that still doesn't work... Locksmith here I come.

Our experience with a locksmith (our single fob on our used 2013 FFE was physically falling apart) wasn’t great. We now have a valet key basically. Wish I’d spent the extra $100 at the dealer. Amazing locksmith in all other ways but not for programming an extra fob for us.

Update used the OBD2 UNIVERSAL EZ INSTALLER from Tom's keys $65 cost+$65 deposit refunded after you return the OBD2
1714788433824.png
Start car with original fob when prompted by the app then pop open the fob so you kill any signal from the original (I popped open the two other fobs as well until prompted to put one onto the sensor) Mixed signals will fail programming! Only the fob to be programmed should be sensed by the car!

These Ebay guys got it right
buyone2009 sent a message about Smart Prox Remote Key Fob for Ford Escape Focus C-Max 2013-2019 BT4T-15K601-Hx #174047168349
With the HU101 Emergency Backup key
1714788110609.png

New message from: buyone2009 (14,641 YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star )

please confirm your original remote has the same buttons and P/N: BT4T-15K601-** as the listing before programming. Otherwise, this item will not work for your car. If you cannot find the information on the back of the remote key(remove the blade to check), please use your VIN code to ask your car dealer or locksmith. thank you

we suggest to find a locksmith to program and cut. generally cheaper than dealers, and some dealer can only program OEM remote. Please don't cut the blade until programming is successful(Cut items cannot be returned, choose "Doesn't fit" to open a return will received a free return label)​

Back