2015 FFE interior color option? Reported "10 wheels?"

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmueller065 said:
Park next to an ICE Focus and look at the front ends--that is the biggest differentiator of the FFE.
Yes, but much to my disappointment, don't we lose that distinction when the 2015 Focus ICE models debut with the same grille? By the way, I'm deleting the "Focus" logo on my FFE.

studio460 said:
don't we lose that distinction when the 2015 Focus ICE models debut
To some extent, the 2015 Focus front end's grille is a bit larger than the fake one on the FFE. In addition some of the 2015 Focuses will have fog lights (or a spot for them).
If you watch the slideshow at the top of the 2015 Focus page you can see the difference as it scrolls through and a FFE pops up (in red..I think that red looks really nice!).
http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2015/?fmccmp=lp-future-top-hp-focus

Personally I think the new Focus front end is a lot more "Fusiony" than the FFE's and that is the difference. Granted, though, the new look is closer to the FFE than the old one was and thus may take an extra glance to notice if its an FFE or not.

2015grille2.png

2015 Ford Focus Sedan

FFE1.png

2014 Ford Focus Electric

2015grille3.png

2015 Ford Focus Electric

FFE2.png

2014 Ford Focus Electric

2015rear.png

2015 Ford Focus Electric

Glass half-empty:

• It's interesting that they chose to black-out the 2015 FFE grilles.
• Now, my soon-to-be-blacked-out FFE grille won't be so special anymore.
• The 2015 Focus Sedan and 2014 Ford Focus Electric grilles, appear identical, except for the functional vents on the gas vehicle.
• Losing that distinction is a huge bummer.
• I do think the smaller, more rectangular back-up lamps in the new 2015 FFE's taillights are cleaner and more modern (i.e., more "Euro").
• The 2015 FFE's 'B' and 'C' pillars appear to be matte-black (which I would prefer), not gloss-black like ours.

Glass half-full:

• If, in fact, they've eliminated the black trim (lower-grille, lower-trim) on all 2015 FFE trim levels (i.e., offering body-color only), I think that's a win for the 2014 design.
• Our smaller, more rectangular rear bumper reflectors look way cooler than the 2015 FFE's oversized, odd-shaped ones.
• Our 2014 FFEs look more "Euro" than the more "American-looking" 2015 refresh, based on the body-color trim and parking light treatment.
• The "sculpted" lip above the 2014 FFE's rear-hatch release and license cavity is much classier than the 1990's Taurus-look of the more rounded 2015 FFE's rear-end.
• The body-color lower trim on the 2015 FFEs makes it look fat; ours looks svelte and sexy.

Beige, er, "Light Stone," interior aside, I'm now extremely happy I got one of the last 2014 production models in Oxford White (I almost bought a black one). Several key design elements, in my view, are much stronger with the pre-refresh FFEs. It's as if Ford tried to better "American-ize" the design of the FFE, taking much of the "Euro" out of it (save, for the cool new black grille), attempting to make it more palatable to more middle-of-the-road aesthetic preferences.

2014grilleZ.png

Often, Ford's products get prettier and more refined with subsequent refreshes, but, I think, not this time. That said, I think the 2014 Ford Focus Electric is one of the prettiest, strongest design iterations to date of the entire Focus product line.

Below the grill, the opening:
On the FFE the sides bend upward in an almost smiley face fashion. The 2015 ICE Focus the sides of the opening bend downward with a more aggressive look and the spots for the fog lights are bigger (and actually have fog lights).

On the whole I think the differences between the 2014 FFE and 2015 FFE aren't design differences to the FFE: I think they were just the same changes that came with the glider (e.g. Ford put minimal effort into the FFE, just enough to allow them to keep building it). They are so subtle that you have to specifically look for them if you see one on the street--unless of course you see the red one ! (Which for some reason I really like LOL)

Though subtle, I think they're significant (except for the grille, I'm only comparing FFEs to FFEs). The rear sculpting is very elegant on the 2014s, and the black trim, I think, makes a huge difference in the overall appearance of the car. And, though the ICE's front-end does look more "aggressive," I think the FFE's front-end has more of an "air-dam" look (plus, simpler, cleaner lines), which I really like.

studio460 said:
2015grille3.png

2015 Ford Focus Electric

2015rear.png

2015 Ford Focus Electric

Has anyone received or taken a picture of a true 2015 off the assembly line? The picture posted above shows body matched lower trim and the one I will post below shows it has black trim. I like the black much better and wonder which picture is accurate. The Ford website appears to have black on the bottom of a 2015 as well.

2015-ford-focus-electric-rear-side-view.jpg

Sorry for the large picture.

Trey

The big picture has gloss B and C pillars so I just want to see what a true 2015 off the line looks like. It appears the large picture was pre-production.

I picked up my 2015 last night and it looks like the big picture. I will take some shots of my car in "Magnetic" color for another thread.

Back