Voice commands not working, phone and radio inoperative

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
campfamily said:
I ended up paying about $8,000 less than I would have paid for an equivalent eGolf or Soul, with no real tangible benefit.
Yeah, that's why I want to just get a new FFE. There are some great deals on the eGolf recently from dealers, but they still don't come close to the factory lease deal on an FFE. As hybridbear said, price is the challenge.

campfamily said:
Since you're considering a B-Class, sounds like moving up in price is an option. Have you driven a BMW i3? I was able to do an extended test drive with one for four days (picked it up Friday morning, returned it Monday after work), and was extremely impressed. That car was what ultimately convinced me that an electric car was a viable option for me. BMW has some pretty impressive lease offers on them right now, so if you can get past the dorky looks (to me, it looks like a toaster!!), it is one heck of a nice car.
I'll move up in price to keep the wife happy. She doesn't like the i3, so it's a no-go. She puts it in the same "clown car" category as the 500 and Smart. As for me, I didn't like the look of the i3 at first, but now I don't mind it so much. My kid really likes the front end, which surprised me since he's thinking that his first car is gonna be a Camaro (Transformers Edition) or a Viper. Or an R8, like Tony Stark. A friend of mine has the leather interior, and I really like it. The only thing that bothers me about it now are the bicycle tires.

So, this exact thing just happened to my sync in my ffe. Its actually going to the dealer tomorrow for the modem replacement and to check out a rattle in the front end so Im tempted to just let them deal with it. Dont feel like getting all under the dash right now. I also told them to check on a sync update. I think Im only on 3.5. The website says its up to date but also says the last update was in 2013. I know Ive got a bug that was supposedly fixed with 3.6. When trying to enter the password for a wifi network, the keyboard is all greyed out. Supposedly that was fixed in 3.6, so we will see what they say. When I go the the website to try and dl an update to do myself it says that the update was downloaded and ford was waiting for it to be reported back to them as installed. I guess it was never done and ford wont let me dl the update again. Hopefully the dealer will be able to fix that.

Edit: Ok, I got bored so I did the fuse thing. First I just did the MFT fuse and it did the reboot thing but still no dice on the audio or voice commands. So I reset the radio fuse and now all is well. Oh, and 3 sets of fm presets is crazy. Im lucky if I can find enough good stations for one bank. LOL.

Back