The joy of driving electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epaminondas

I mostly drive my FFE but every once and a while if it is not practical to do so take one of our other cars. I don't know if other people have experienced this, but when you get into and drive an ICE car after driving electric a few things become really clear.

The overall volume is much higher (this was an expensive luxury european car I will have you), the power band is not as smooth, there are emissions! as some of the big things. It just feels like a more primitive mode of transportation. It is easy to get all caught up in arguments about range and practical real world applications with the haters (bla bla bla) but any one who actually drives these cars quickly appreciates that BEVs are just superior technologically and performance wise. Period!

I'm 6'3" and it actually feels better in the front seat of the FFE than my Camry. There's enough space not to feel cramped yet the cockpit wraps around you for the performance aspects.

epaminondas said:
It just feels like a more primitive mode of transportation.
Yes thats very true and one reason I leased a FFE - I wanted the type of futuristic vehicles I have seen on TV and movies set in the future! :)
I too am nearly 6'3" tall and fit easily with plenty of extra headroom in my FFE driver seat.

epaminondas said:
I mostly drive my FFE but every once and a while if it is not practical to do so take one of our other cars. I don't know if other people have experienced this, but when you get into and drive an ICE car after driving electric a few things become really clear.

The overall volume is much higher (this was an expensive luxury european car I will have you), the power band is not as smooth, there are emissions! as some of the big things. It just feels like a more primitive mode of transportation. It is easy to get all caught up in arguments about range and practical real world applications with the haters (bla bla bla) but any one who actually drives these cars quickly appreciates that BEVs are just superior technologically and performance wise. Period!

Compared to an electric car, ICE cars seem noisy, rough, smelly, and primitive. Even in the Volt, when it switches to hybrid mode the drive deteriorates compared to electric mode.

epaminondas said:
... any one who actually drives these cars quickly appreciates that BEVs are just superior technologically and performance wise. Period!
Yep, all we need are more energy-dense and lighter batteries. But, those are not very far away by all indications.

Love not having to pump gas! Plus it looks like not stopping at gas stations has helped some people quit smoking http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1095768_how-to-quit-smoking-buy-an-electric-car.

Looks like gas is back to almost $4 a gallon here in CA. I'm paying about half that ($2 a gallon) for my electricity.

Back