Remote Start with Myfordmobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmueller065 said:
Carbuff said:
Yeah, I kinda cant wait for the bad weather to use the preconditioning. Allthough if it snows I will be taking the Grand Cherokee to work. These tires are bad enough in the rain, I cant imagine them in the snow. LOL.
Why wait? I used preconditioning all year (in the summer I set it at 72).

I never really had any issues in the snow with the FFE--its traction control is a bit better than any ICE's that I have driven. The only time I ever got stuck was in about 6" of snow in an unplowed lot and even then I was able to rock it out.

This is with the michelin LRR tires?

I can second the factory tires not being absolutely horrible in snow. At least the 3 winters I've driven in, I haven't seen anything more than a few inches of snow. All these winters being mild and when we did get a decent amount of snow, they had the roads cleared by the time I had to drive. With other cars I've had worse and I've had better. I think this 4th winter may be my last on the stock tires. What I think causes people to thing the tires are so bad is actually the nature of the FFE. More weight on the rear wheels and the abundance of instant torque making wheel spin difficult to avoid.

Agreed, The Michelin LLRs are horrible in the snow. Same tires on my C-Max Energi. After only one winter, I got a second set of steelies and snow tires for Max and when I purchased my FFE, I got the same setup for that. Literally night and day difference!

Back