Possible to install the ST or 2015 bumper/grille on FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavinRJohnson

I really prefer the bumper cover and grille of the 2015 Titanium and even base model Focus (or any ST grille) to what is on the FFE.

The new grille, and certainly the one from the ST, is wider, sharper, more aggressive and better looking to me.

Does anyone know if the cover/grille is easily replaced with one of those on the FFE?

As for the ST cover/grille, saw an unpainted one on eBay but when I choose to fit it to the Electric it said it wouldn't work (not sure if I believe that).

I didn't like it at first, but it grows on you. I wouldn't want a standard focus grill, but I do like the ST. Anyway, I like the standard enough now that it isn't worth the cost. To know for certain, you would need to get a body manual. I haven't found one in printed form, but you could gain access via subscription access on Helminc.com.

NavinRJohnson said:
I really prefer the bumper cover and grille of the 2015 Titanium and even base model Focus (or any ST grille) to what is on the FFE.

The new grille, and certainly the one from the ST, is wider, sharper, more aggressive and better looking to me.

Does anyone know if the cover/grille is easily replaced with one of those on the FFE?

As for the ST cover/grille, saw an unpainted one on eBay but when I choose to fit it to the Electric it said it wouldn't work (not sure if I believe that).

The 2015 Focus will not exchange (easily) with the FFE. The hood configuration is different. You will note the front of the hood does not have the dimple in it for the ford badge. The 2012-2014 focus front facia 'should' interchange with the FFE but will probably need some hardware underneath changed as well for mounting. Also, there may be some need to fabricate mounts for some of the hardware under it. This would be true for the ICE Focus, but perhaps not for the FFE, since the radiator doesn't need the big grill or the air temp shutters the ICE uses. The fenders and hood will line up across the 2012-2014 models, Focus, Focus ST and FFE. It is just about the hardware underneath. So, it can be done, and it will not difficult, but you will most likely find you need other attachment hardware for your application. On the Focus Fanatic website, there are a few who have changed their se front facias to ST's and reported on it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/305741-mk3-st-front-end-conversion-part-numbers.html
There are also St style after market bumpers out there that list interchange with the FFE. Such as this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-12-14-ST-Style-Conversion-Front-Bumper-Cover-Plastic-Unpainted-Kit/171485405762?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29006%26meid%3D3c25c00179354c12bf8a7acc939794df%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D171120122322

Of course, if you do decide to make the swap, keep us in the loop! I'd really like to do something like that for my FFE, since I own it I can, but right now college expenses and other financial obligations are in the way, so just a pipe dream..... :(

Back