Oldest FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoBro2

When did production begin on the Ford Focus Electric? I bought a Certified Pre-Owned one back in August. It's a 2012 model with a build date on the door pillar label of 11/11. It's five years old now.

More info:
Color- Ice Storm
Interior- Leather
Mileage- about 25500

Carfax, AutoCheck and Ford says that it was a Ford Corporate owned vehicle.

December 2011, so you must have one of the very first ones...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_Electric

I wonder if you have one of the preproduction test mules. I almost bough what I think was one in 2014. I don't remember the build date other than it being 2011 and the vehicle history showed it had only been owned only by Ford. When I generated the window sticker it said it had no battery warranty and the undercarriage had a bit more rust that I'd expect for a 2.5 year old car. This seemed odd and I figured it must have been a vehicle they used for testing since it only had a few thousand miles on it. I wisely passed on it and bought a new one for less that I would have paid for the used one when the price dropped in late 2014.

This one has the Ford CPO warranty and was brought up to date on all FSAs and recalls before it was put on sale, if that's worth anything.

When I got it home I went over it, inside and out, with a fine toothed comb. I found a lot of sand and gravel in the undercarriage and lower bodywork. The plastic rocker panel covers had enough junk inside them I could hear stuff sloshing around whenever I braked suddenly. Did someone take this off-road? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary during the test drive, which was done on a hot day in August, with the AC on (AC works fast compared to my VW Golf) and the suburban Chicago traffic noise all around. There was also rust evident under there, which would be inevitable if it was driven through five Michigan winters.

I ended up paying a little more than $10K for it, and it has the full suite of luxe appointments like auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, homelink, autodimming mirror. I understand some of those features were dropped from later years, correct?

Back