My old '14 FFE near Rochester?...I still see it on my app!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

It's been 16 months since I had my '14FFE at dealer and then Ford took it back due to various delays in being able to fix it.

Anyhow until last month it sat on an auction lot a few miles from me and i was curious. Now I see it being active and I keep
getting charge notifications and other stuff as if I still owned that car.

How would I go about contacting the new owner? Seems like when I activated it originally I needed to do something on the screen of the car. I wonder if I can push a message to him?

I do not think this car was bought via Ford (Manheim Auction). As well as I keep receiving recall notices.

fbitz777 said:
Now I see it being active and I keep getting charge notifications and other stuff as if I still owned that car.
You can also just uninstall the app and move on with your life. :)

I'm use sure the new owner will figure things out if they are so inclined.

WattsUp said:
You can also just uninstall the app and move on with your life.
Except that he also has a 2016 FFE (Look at his sig), why would he want to uninstall the app? Granted MyFordMobile's functionality is lacking but it is useful.

You can manually remove your old FFE from your account (I know you can do it via the web, not sure if you can do it via the app).

Oddly, you can do just about everything from the app - add or remove cars.

I just bought a 2013 FFE, added the VIN to the app. Went through the two touch step process in the car, and boom it was on my phone and in my Ford website account.

You can remove a car in the Vehicle Management section of the app.

And the best part - I currently own two FFE's, at the home page, you can swipe to choose the car. It is seamless and intuitive. Weird how the app has improved so much.

Yes I am well aware of all these features...will you be able to get the new modem so you are not out of service at end of the year. In my case my '16 FFE is part of the recall so I am all set.

The problem I was outlining in the thread is that I still see my old car ('14FFE) and was trying to find a way to reach the new owner (was a lemon Ford FFE bought at auction) and have him find a way to reset the whole car. I could still unlock his car from my iphone.

even after I remove the car from app I still get the email notifications from it.

Sorry - guess I didn't read your original post carefully, I was following the conversation.

I can't think of a single way to push a message to a car. I'll tell you the truth, if somebody I didn't know pushed a message to my car, I would start with the police, and probably end with Ford in getting you gone. No, seriously, that's creepy. I understand why you want to do it, but it will come off as stalking - and it isn't far from that. However, think of the person on the other end, they bought a lemon. How are they going to feel? Not better.

Go to the MFM website. Disable text and email notifications for that car. Now delete the car from the site. Go over to Ford Owners, and delete the car there also. And if you continue to get recall notices, contact Ford.

And then never speak of that car again. It has a new home, a new life, and hopefully will be happy where it is living.

Back