Just a bit of rain...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Yesterday the Detroit area was hit with a ton of rain. More rain than its seen in a long time (my city got 4.25" within a couple of hours)--enough that several major freeways had to be closed (and still remain closed this morning) because of flooding.

How did the FFE fare? Pretty good:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2014/08/12/noah-has-nothing-on-us/

(Too bad we can't send any of this out west...)

Wow, up to just below the rearview mirror - that's incredible. Sounds like the original Volkswagen Beatle that could float.

What an amazing twist.

But JMueller - don't you get shocked when it rains? How do you wash the car, you must get shocked? That has to be so dangerous. :lol: :D :p

EVA said:
But JMueller - don't you get shocked when it rains? How do you wash the car, you must get shocked? That has to be so dangerous.
! LOL

Well the doors do lock & unlock when washing the car by hand with the keys in my pocket..that must have something to do with it?? :lol: (it was really bad on our old Edge: you could just spray the handles with the hose to get them to luck/unlock)

I just read through Ford's 2014 Hybrid and Electric Vehicle warranty (hey, I was curious) and noticed that they specifically don't cover damage caused by "driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into the engine".

I suppose you cold argue that water can't be "ingested" into an electric motor, but if there's tadpoles in the fuse box, they're gonna notice.

Back