Gigi and Effie

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigi

When I'm on this forum and someone refers to an FFE, I assume that means a Ford Focus Electric. Besides being an FFE owner, I also have one of the other FFEs, Ford Fusion Energi, that is. It's probably too late for this, but I wish we had two different abbreviations that distinguished between the two cars. If you see me referring to FFEnergi and FFElectric, it's not that I don't like the FFE abbreviation, it's just that in my situation things are a little more complicated.

My wife solved the problem for our household. The Energi is "Gigi" and the Electric is "Effie." She hasn't named any of our last seven cars, not since we were in college nearly 40 years ago. I take that to mean that she's really pleased with these two. :D

At a time at Ford there was a desire to have all the cars names start with F, the SUV's start with E, and all the Mercury's start with M:
Focus
Fiesta
Fusion
500 (Taurus renamed)
Flex

Explorer
Escape
Excursion
Expedition

Mariner
Marquee
etc.

This was before Mulally, who immediately renamed the 500 back to Taurus ("Why would you give up a brand you've been building for years?")

Gigi said:
If you see me referring to FFEnergi and FFElectric, it's not that I don't like the FFE abbreviation, it's just that in my situation things are a little more complicated.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but odds from the auto press are that there will be a 2015 Ford Focus Energi. This will further confuse your FF abbreviation.

Back