Ford Focus 2017 MY now online

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphaman

The product page at Ford.com now has the 2017 model year.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/electric/

From the verbiage on the site, it looks the the 2017 has LESS range than the previous years, which is confusing and/or wrong.
2017 Focus Electric: charging ahead.

Avoiding the gas station is fun in the Focus Electric. With zero gas, zero oil changes and zero CO2 emissions, it delivers a 100 percent electrifying driving experience. What's more, you have the choice of charging options – the standard 120-volt/30-amp convenience charge cord or the available 240-volt/30-amp home charging station. Plus, the 2017 Focus Electric comes standard with all-new DC fast-charge capability, with a projected range of over 75 miles based on EPA test protocols with a 30 minute DC fast charge.*

New color: White Gold

fcs17_pg_004_ele_full.jpg

fcs17_pg_005_ele_full.jpg

Pearl said:
From the verbiage on the site, it looks the the 2017 has LESS range than the previous years, which is confusing and/or wrong.

Plus, the 2017 Focus Electric comes standard with all-new DC fast-charge capability, with a projected range of over 75 miles based on EPA test protocols with a 30 minute DC fast charge.*

No, that's with a 30 minute DC fast charge. That's only going to get you a partial charge -- what they're bragging on it 75 miles range added in 30 minutes. A full charge will take longer than that, while providing more range.

What is unusual is that they don't say what the full charge range is.

Alphaman said:
Pearl said:

Plus, the 2017 Focus Electric comes standard with all-new DC fast-charge capability, with a projected range of over 75 miles based on EPA test protocols with a 30 minute DC fast charge.*

No, that's with a 30 minute DC fast charge. That's only going to get you a partial charge -- what they're bragging on it 75 miles range added in 30 minutes. A full charge will take longer than that, while providing more range.

What is unusual is that they don't say what the full charge range is.
I know that. And you know that. But to a new FFE buyer, who already has a predisposition to range anxiety, isn't getting info on how for this car really can go.

Ford really doesn't know how to sell EVs. WE should be doing it for them !

Interesting the specs say it has a 35kWh battery. I thought it was only supposed to be 33.5 kWh. Not sure it that was a marketing typo or it actually does have a 35kWh battery. If my calculations are correct that means about a 118 mi. EPA range rating.

I have a deposit already down on the first one to arrive in Canada. It should have been built this week or so, and deliver will be second week of December (or so). It's red and they'll be using it as the photo/media car.

I haven't decided if I'm buying it yet, but I have first right of refusal.
List any questions you have and I'll try to answer them for my shakedown testing of it.

If it is/was a 35kWh battery, it would really add to the chance it joins the stable - but I want to see the drawdown test. If I'm REALLY lucky I'll be able to perform it and report back.

triangles said:
Interesting the specs say it has a 35kWh battery. I thought it was only supposed to be 33.5 kWh.

Where did you see 35kWh?
I'm seeing 33.5kWh (found under "packages" tab http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/electric/)

"Equipment Group 500A
• 107kW electric motor
• 33.5 kWh Liquid-Cooled Lithium Ion battery
• Charge Port with LED State-of-Charge Indicator
• SYNC® 3"

EDIT/UPDATE:

Lol. looks like a typo to me (found when expanding the equipment 500 A group)

Equipment Group 500A
Close
Seats - Eco-conscious cloth with 6-way manual driver (up/down, fore/aft, recline), 4-way manual passenger (fore/aft, recline)
Seats - Heated front
Seats - 60/40 split folding rear bench with flip up cushion
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System with 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability
Sony® Branded Audio System with 9 speakers
HD Radio™
SiriusXM® Radio
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
Smart Charging USB Ports (Two)
Full-floor center console with storage, cupholders and USB ports
Door locks - power
Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
Dome lamps, front, rear and cargo compartment
Front door storage bins
Tilt and telescoping steering wheel, 4-way adjustable
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
Power front and rear windows with all windows one-touch up and down
Powerpoint - 12V Front
Powerpoint - 12V Rear
Cruise control
Floor console armrest and storage
Overhead console
Floor mats, carpeted - 1st and 2nd row
Illuminated entry
Ambient Lighting
MyKey® owner controls feature
Map pockets behind driver and front-passenger seats
Removable rear package tray
Map Light
Leather-wrapped shift knob
Message center with trip computer
Rear heat vents
SmartGauge® with EcoGuide instrument cluster
Steering wheel with redundant audio controls
Remote Start System
Variable Intermittent front windshield wipers
Head restraints - 4-way adjustable first row
Driver Configurable two 4.2" Color LCD Display Unique EV Cluster
MyFord® Mobile with Remote Cabin Preconditioning
1-speed automatic transmission
120V convenience charge cord
107 kW electric motor
35 kWh liquid-cooled, lithium-ion battery
SAE J1772 CCS (Combo Connector System) Charge Port capable of charging on 120V, 240V and Direct Current (DC Fast Charge)
Permanent Magnet Electric Traction Motor (Focus Electric)
AC Charging: 6.6 kW Onboard Charger
DC Charging: up to 50kW capability
MacPherson strut independent front suspension
Four-Wheel Disc Anti-Lock Brake System
Regenerative Braking System
Electric-Assist Parking Brake
Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
Control Blade® independent rear suspension with stabilizer bar
Torque Vectoring Control
17-Inch Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Tire Inflator and Sealant Kit
Door handles - body-color
Grille - Unique one-piece, piano black with chrome accents
Rocker moldings - black
Mirrors - Power, body-color, manual fold
Mirrors - Integrated blind spot
Mirrors - Turn Signal Indicators
Mirrors - Heated
Mirrors - Security Approach Lamps
Headlamps - Autolamp (automatic on/off)
Headlamps - High-intensity discharge (HID)
LED Signature Lighting with Dedicated Daytime Running Lamps
Headlamps - Chrome bezel
Taillamps - LED
Windshield Wipers - Rear
Rear Spoiler
Beltline Molding - Chrome
Rear window defroster
Charge Port with LED State-of-Charge Indicator
Reverse Sensing System
Hill Start Assist
Dual-Stage front airbags
Front-seat side-impact airbags
Safety Canopy® System (First- and Second-Row Side-Curtain Airbags)
Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder
Three-point safety belts at all seating positions
Height-adjustable front safety belts
Personal Safety System™
Child-Safety Rear Door Locks
LATCH, Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Child - Two
AdvanceTrac® with ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
Rear View Camera
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Driver knee airbag
Remote Keyless Entry
SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
Perimeter Alarm

Perhaps it is a 35kWh battery with 33.5kWh usable like like the 23kWh battery with about 19.5kWh usable but I don't think the math works out: 19.5/23 = ~85%, so 35*0.85 = ~29kWh.

Any idea when realistically I would be able to get the 2017 FFE in PA of Ohio and if could even order one?

I see a 2000$ rebate for cash buyers and I have some other $500 from Ford..

For me if I could get it in Jan 2017 then I would sell my 2016 before its first inspection with about 18,000 miles...not that there is anything wrong with it but I like the extra range...

fbitz777 said:
Any idea when realistically I would be able to get the 2017 FFE in PA of Ohio and if could even order one?

I suppose that's a question for your local electric certified Ford dealer.

They'll be rolling (in small numbers) up here in December.

fbitz777 said:
CARB states have priority so you're best bet is likely to import one from NY. I live in Ohio and in 2014 when I bought mine I had to go thru a dealer in Wisconsin if I wanted a better deal than sticker price. The problem I had was finding a dealer that was willing to sell an EV. The whole experience really validated for me why Tesla does not want to use the dealership model. I was skeptical that their claims of not wanting to use dealerships was BS but my experience of trying to buy my FFE really validated it. Hopefully things have improved in that regard since two years ago.

well my 2016 was Jan 25, 2016 (earliest time) and that was 60 days after some people on this board had gotten, including Canada

Let's have a 2017 FFE ALERT!

I like the idea of trading my 2016 at the time of inspection and the 2 recalls (differential and modem)

Back