Charging Start and Charging Complete Times Stuck

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idriveacar

On the charging screen of my FFE, it has had the charging start time stuck at 5:07 Wed since February or March 2022. The complete charge time for fast charging sometimes updates, usually at least once per road trip. The battery % and 120v 240v time to complete are completely accurate. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a way to resolve this issue? Thanks

2017 Ford Focus Electric

On the charging screen of my FFE, it has had the charging start time stuck at 5:07 Wed since February or March 2022.
Did you happen to get the modem upgraded to 4G at that time?

I did and lost the ability of the car to implement Value Charging, and it's estimated time complete charging has nothing to do with reality. Ford was aware that the TCU software installed with the upgrade had a bug that messed this up, but had a fix by November 2022. It should have been fixed OTA, and some on here have reported getting the fix, but I didn't.

When my FFE was at a dealership for some A/C work, I asker the service department about getting the TCU update, even showing them a copy of Supplement #2 of Ford's Customer Satisfaction Program 21B09 that describes the TCU problem for FFEs (attached). They looked into it but found Ford would not cover the cost.

I should have asked what the cost was, as I heard from someone else that their US dealership charged them $30. I probably would have paid it even though Ford should really cover fixing what they broke.

Attachments

• Ford Focus 4G Upgrade.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Did you happen to get the modem upgraded to 4G at that time?

I did and lost the ability of the car to implement Value Charging, and it's estimated time complete charging has nothing to do with reality. Ford was aware that the TCU software installed with the upgrade had a bug that messed this up, but had a fix by November 2022. It should have been fixed OTA, and some on here have reported getting the fix, but I didn't.

When my FFE was at a dealership for some A/C work, I asker the service department about getting the TCU update, even showing them a copy of Supplement #2 of Ford's Customer Satisfaction Program 21B09 that describes the TCU problem for FFEs (attached). They looked into it but found Ford would not cover the cost.

I should have asked what the cost was, as I heard from someone else that their US dealership charged them $30. I probably would have paid it even though Ford should really cover fixing what they broke.
I was not aware of a firmware update that was released post-November 2022. I updated my SYNC sometime before then so will revisit.

I did not get the 4G modem and do not plan to. I still have issues with go times and value charging+related.

And if anyone out there knows a source for the newer modems, I'd be interested in the vendor specifics!!

It's not a bare modern and SIM, it's a module purpose but for Ford. Even if you rolled your own, it relies on a SIM and data plan they control. Best guess is a private APN that feeds into the FordPass network.

Ford is the only source.

Back