Charge cable bag

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abelgoddard

Trying to get an FFE right now. Curious: is the charge cable bag anything special? I mean, $60 is kinda pricy if it's just a plain bag. I can get a pretty rugged bag of similar size at Home Depot for $20. Any reason to get Ford's?

I got stuck with it because it was originally ordered as an option by the dealer for the car I bought. It's nice enough, but unnecessary in my opinion. There's already a built in space for it in the foam insert that holds the mobility kit, but it can't be put there if you put it in the case. I got rid of the insert as you can get a lot more stuff in that spot as was specified in this post.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1936

In the end, I put my ClipperCreek LCS-25P in the bag and its in my i3. Unfortunately its not big enough to also hold the plug converter cords that I've built too. Personally, I'd skip it.

Cool. That's exactly the thought I suspected. Unfortunately, I also think it's on the FFE that I'm trying to get. Not totally sure if I'm really stuck with it.

Abelgoddard said:
Not totally sure if I'm really stuck with it.
I had a choice of an FFE that had been on the lot for 3 months, or one for about a month. The newer one had a charge bag. I just ignored the option and priced my offer as if there was no bag. The internet sales guy didn't even notice when I told him I wanted a different ID than the one he had thought we were talking about. In the end, I just got it for free. It's not worth much more.

Back