Who uses myford mobile?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well your subject and the contents of the post are slightly different:
I use My Ford Mobile all the time: The App and the Website but for the basic stuff: Checking charge, setting up go times and value charge settings, starting the car, etc.
The other "bells & whistles" I don't check much anymore: once the novelty wore off, and the fact that neither Ford nor their contractors can get any of that extra data correct I stopped looking. (For a while the Zen Master category was sorted backwards--it was showing the bottom 10 worst drivers--and then once they got the sort correct they neglected to eliminate the zero value entries so the top 6-8 or so entries were all 0 Wh/mile..wow infinite range.)
So now I may occasionally check, but mostly to see if anything has been fixed or not. Not really looking to see how I'm doing (more like to see how Ford is doing).

I check the bar graphs under "my driving" to get an idea how my watt-hours/mile are trending, esp if I didn't get a chance to look when I shut the car off. That said, I've noticed the numbers on the bar graph are slightly off from what is reported in the "trip and charge log" which also seems to not always agree with what the car dash reports for the trip when you shut off.

I should also note that I've only had the car for just over a month. I assume once I've had it for awhile the only use for the site will be like jmueller065's - remote starting, setting charge times, checking charge state, etc.

Like JMueller, I use it to check on charge level, location of the car, and trip history with how many wh/mi were used (the FFE is used as a daily commuter, pretty much the same road every day - I like to see differences).

The forum used to be outstanding and really helpful. And then Ford decided to blend in the Plug In Hybrid group - who manage to post anywhere they like - especially in the BEV threads. A few hybrid owners post irrelevant responses to FFE owners. And the forum has mostly died (except when a few real FFE users pop back in).

I agree with the rankings - I used to look at those daily. After they totally messed up the calculations and then supposedly "fixed" them - I have absolutely no confidence in the rankings any more. I called in a support ticket the day they fouled up the rankings. About every 3 weeks I got a call from Ford asking if there was still a problem. Yes there is. OK, thank you. Nothing got fixed, nothing changed, they just said thank you and hung up.

Then somebody asked if they could have my password so the engineers could see what I see. H, E double hockey sticks F no, they can't have my login information. I'll send you screen shots.

I forgot to send screen shots. I got calls every day asking me when I'd send screen shots. Then I discovered some stupid setting buried deep in your account settings that allows the rankings to be calculated. Set that and then rankings started sort of working. Finally stopped answering phone calls from Michigan. They've left me alone now.

Yeah - My Ford Mobile - not a great place to go anymore beyond car controls.

I haven't used the Forum yet and based on the post here I probably won't after all we have this one. The information on the rankings is what I was questioning. today I have had the car 21 days and it has me #3 for Tour at 1634 and the car has 2016. The average Wh/mi ranking is #25 @ 320 Wh/mi and the car has it at 286 Wh/mi. Do the rankings and information lag behind?

Tim - It is almost impossible to tell how they do the calculations. From the description, it seems like they use the most recent 30 days. But then again, who knows. What information Ford gets for the website and what is really in your car, may or may not match.

Somebody once said those rankings are for entertainment. Sorry for the negativity, I'm a little fed up with the Ford website after they blended the plug ins and FFE. I feel violated somehow :eek: :D

Back