Where is the 2017 Focus Electric???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVA said:
That's so cool getting a factory tour. How did you arrange that? Does the Focus plant do public tours?

I don't see any indication that they do public tours, but the Dearborn F-150 Rouge Plant does, which I've also been through a couple times. So does the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, which I did when I lived in KY.

I was just lucky enough to know the right people at work (I work for Ford :lol: ) to make it happen. And the guy was extremely generous. He took 3 hours of his day to do this for me, so I owe him big time.

Funny, I am trying to get a factory tour too.

My FFE was built last week and "released" at the same time. It has not moved since. :(

cutler03gt said:
EVA said:
That's so cool getting a factory tour. How did you arrange that? Does the Focus plant do public tours?

I don't see any indication that they do public tours, but the Dearborn F-150 Rouge Plant does, which I've also been through a couple times. So does the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, which I did when I lived in KY.

I was just lucky enough to know the right people at work (I work for Ford :lol: ) to make it happen. And the guy was extremely generous. He took 3 hours of his day to do this for me, so I owe him big time.
OK, so it was an inside job. I get it.

Guess I'll just have to live with the videos JMueller linked to a while ago (maybe it was somebody else - those videos are so darn cool).

EVA said:
Guess I'll just have to live with the videos JMueller linked to a while ago (maybe it was somebody else - those videos are so darn cool).

Honestly that video is quite excellent. It shows a ton in such a short period.

I'd just do the Dearborn Rouge tour if you're ever around. It's a much nicer faculty and has some pretty wild innnovations. Like a living grass rooof for instance. You can also go to the Henry Ford Museum in the area. Great place to kill a few hours.

I went and saw the 2017 FFE last night.
Pretty much what we were all expecting with a few interesting tidbits I discovered.

I'll try to post the images in here, but FB will have to do if I can't get them to embed

https://www.facebook.com/myevlife/posts/280759935689614

Testing direct image upload (sorry about the size!):

17239677_280759739022967_1974982147291130689_o.jpg

17358638_280759732356301_2382239179725606044_o.jpg

17349809_280759685689639_3128741897012224964_o.png

17359058_280759695689638_3810499523840763241_o.jpg

17359363_280759735689634_2199603016343165609_o.jpg

I can shed some light on your confusion with the charging lock. If you look just above the J1772 port, there's a small dot. It's a pin that comes out and prevents the release "hook" or clasp, from lifting when you press the release button on the charge handle.

I believe it works for normal (Level 1 & 2) charging too, but the intent is to lock the CCS/DC charge plug so you can't perform a "hot disconnect". I think I recall that it automatically unlocks when charging is completed, too.

The VW eGolf uses the same style of lock, though I believe it is tied to the door locks, so anytime you lock the car, the charger becomes locked as well. That's probably a blessing and a curse though.

Nice!

Hopefully mine goes the 5 miles down the road from the plant to my dealer any day...

cutler03gt said:
I can shed some light on your confusion with the charging lock. If you look just above the J1772 port, there's a small dot. It's a pin that comes out and prevents the release "hook" or clasp, from lifting when you press the release button on the charge handle.

I believe it works for normal (Level 1 & 2) charging too, but the intent is to lock the CCS/DC charge plug so you can perform a "hot disconnect". I think I recall that it automatically unlocks when charging is completed, too.

The VW eGolf uses the same style of lock, though I believe it is tied to the door locks, so anytime you lock the car, the charger becomes locked as well. That's probably a blessing and a curse though.

Brilliant Thanks!

Why is the sticker price (msrp) so high? I thought the 2017s were supposed to be under 30K. Did they raise the price for the new increased battery?

Jamez said:
cutler03gt said:

I believe it works for normal (Level 1 & 2) charging too, but the intent is to lock the CCS/DC charge plug so you can perform a "hot disconnect". I think I recall that it automatically unlocks when charging is completed, too.

Brilliant Thanks!

Oops, just caught a typo. I meant "CAN'T perform a hot disconnect." Fixed the post accordingly.

cutler03gt said:
Jon_h said:
Nice!

Hopefully mine goes the 5 miles down the road from the plant to my dealer any day...

Mine's got 10 miles to go (Bill Brown Ford)

What dealer is yours going to?

Village Ford. It was "received" by some company a week ago, presumably to ship it. Not the actual truck though. Sitting on ramp 4G since the 8th.

Jon_h said:
cutler03gt said:
Jon_h said:
Nice!

Mine's got 10 miles to go (Bill Brown Ford)

What dealer is yours going to?

Village Ford. It was "received" by some company a week ago, presumably to ship it. Not the actual truck though. Sitting on ramp 4G since the 8th.

Hmm. Mine is showing Released - Awaiting Shipment as of yesterday. Hoping it's not going to be too long. My current lease is up on the 21st :eek:

Are the leather seats quality leather or the cheap pleather crap? Deciding if i want base model or leather seats.

Back