Where is the 2017 Focus Electric???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmueller065 said:
My guess is that it isn't political but technical: Perhaps in testing Ford found something that needed some extra work.

My reasoning: I can't see Ford letting sit a bunch of cars that have been built and have buyers waiting for them unless there is something wrong with them. If you've ever been to a plant and have felt the urgency to ship cars (it really is palpable being there). The idea of letting cars sit is just anathema to them.

Sounds good to me.
Just coincidental that Hyundai is also sitting on their stock (though, at least they're landed in the country and ready for distribution)

It looks like the deep discounts worked. Over four times has many Ford Focus sold in February as in January. About half the inventory that was available at the first of the year is gone.

There's still about four months of inventory left at January sales levels so Ford may hold off releasing the 2017 models for a while. If the deep discounts hold 2016 models should be gone in a month. AutoTrader is advertising 21 2017 models but I still don't think any of the dealers have received any 2017 models because all the ads show pictures of 2016 models.

My 2017 is scheduled for build on 3/15. I'm planning on having a peek at it during assembly. Not sure how much of the build process I'll be able to observe without it being awkward for the plant workers though.

The plant is in Wayne, MI and the dealer is in Livonia, MI (less than 10 miles apart). I'll be curious to see how long it takes the car to get from one to another after the build is completed.

One thing I've run into before, though quite a different scenario, is having a car arrive at a dealer prior to its paperwork. My last job with Ford was out in KY, and I had company cars. We'd get to order them ourselves, but a dealer had to do the delivery process. So being able to track the car by its VIN, I saw when it was delivered and went to dealer to try and pick it up. They turned me away since they didn't have its paperwork packet in yet, with everything they needed to complete the "transaction".

cutler03gt said:
The plant is in Wayne, MI and the dealer is in Livonia, MI (less than 10 miles apart). I'll be curious to see how long it takes the car to get from one to another after the build is completed.
When I ordered my Focus Electric back in 2013 it was built on 5/14/2013 (Tuesday) and I picked it up from Jack Demmer Ford (yeah on Michigan avenue right across Michigan Ave from the plant) on 5/20 (Monday). My salesman told me that they still had to load the car up on a carrier, drive the truck across the street, and unload it at the dealership. LOL

So my guess is you'll see a similar amount of time 3-5 days.

jmueller065 said:
My salesman told me that they still had to load the car up on a carrier, drive the truck across the street, and unload it at the dealership. LOL

So my guess is you'll see a similar amount of time 3-5 days.

That's pretty hilarious, but on the other hand, they haven't been PDI'd (Pre Delivery Inspection), and aren't properly insured until they're in inventory, so I can see why they do so. Wonder how much money goes to loading/unloading the truck just to cross the street. :lol:

My 2017 is showing built. Just need to get it 3 miles down the road and she is mine! :D

Jon_h said:
My 2017 is showing built. Just need to get it 3 miles down the road and she is mine! :D

That's awesome, What colour? I hope it works out for you, "mine" was built in December

whatever the case, I'm sure it'll arrive in April for you.

None of them were built in December. If your dealer told you that they are incorrect.

I expect to take delivery within a few days to a week. Mine is Kona Blue.

Jon_h said:
None of them were built in December. If your dealer told you that they are incorrect.

Well that certainly will be the final nail in their coffin considering "we've" been "tracking" the VIN since the middle of November, and he "verified" it's location as "built but not shipped yet" multiple times with it over the looonnggng process (It was sold to me as the first model for Canada).

I'm not saying you're wrong at all, I'm saying I should've known better to believe them and had the VIN in my hands from the get-go and looked it up myself. I had no reason to doubt them since they've been accurate on everything else. Once I have the VIN in my hands I'll look it up and report back (email request sent).

And I love the Kona blue (my 2016 is), under the sun it's amazeballs.

Jon_h said:

He sent me the VIN and the ETIS does list it as a November build and he said it has been released and I may see it by the end of March:

Primary Features
Build Date: 02.11.2016
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: BEV Version
Engine: 72V/350 AMP Electric Motor
Transmission: 1 Speed Transmission
Drive: LHD FWD
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory: (+)"CDN"
Paint: Ruby Red (Metallic)

Jon_h said:

I've also confirmed that Jamez's VIN shows it was built November 2nd in the tracking system. It just wasn't "Released" from the plant until Mar 2nd.

Here is all I can find....

Model
2017 Ford Focus BEV

2017 Order Bank Open Date
8/15/16

2017 Production Startup
11/14/16

Assembly Plant Downtime Weeks
2/13, 3/20, 7/3, 7/10

Estimated Order-to-Delivery Time in Weeks
12-14

cutler03gt said:
jmueller065 said:
My salesman told me that they still had to load the car up on a carrier, drive the truck across the street, and unload it at the dealership. LOL.
That's pretty hilarious, but on the other hand, they haven't been PDI'd (Pre Delivery Inspection), and aren't properly insured until they're in inventory, so I can see why they do so. Wonder how much money goes to loading/unloading the truck just to cross the street. :lol:
Why couldn't they just drive them to the dealership? I'd guess it has something to do with the shipping contracts on the carriers.
Otherwise, wouldn't it be cool to just walk across the street and drive one over to the dealer?!
Since the car has gone through a test drive at the plant (Quality Control) to ferret out defects, it should be "safe" to drive, with a factory license plate, or a waiver from local police to drive across the street legally without a plate (possible to do quite easily).

electrons said:
Why couldn't they just drive them to the dealership? I'd guess it has something to do with the shipping contracts on the carriers.
Otherwise, wouldn't it be cool to just walk across the street and drive one over to the dealer?!
Since the car has gone through a test drive at the plant (Quality Control) to ferret out defects, it should be "safe" to drive, with a factory license plate, or a waiver from local police to drive across the street legally without a plate (possible to do quite easily).
I was told it was a union rule (most likely with the carrier).

Back