Where Are The 2014's?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Big 9V

Almost non existent even in the certified BEV dealerships here in the North East that have sold all their 2013's. Has production stopped or worse is Ford getting out of the EV business?

Where are you in the Northeast? The dealership in VT where I leased my 2013 (Twin State Ford in St. Johnsbury) has sold 2 2014's, and they have another on the lot now. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble finding one!

Leased one today in SF bay area. I am told that the 2014s are coming in bit slow. Apparently a lot of them are on the way from the factory to the dealerships. I hope you find one soon.

I saw one driving down the road yesterday on my way back from, ironically enough, National Plugin Day.

With the plant just down the road I frequently see "drive home test" cars (they randomly pluck cars out of production and the engineers drive them for a weekend to test for quality, etc.). These cars are obvious because they keep all the shipping protection on them.

I can only speak for the Chicago area - there are at least 2 2014s available today. I bought one just over a week ago.

If it wasn't such a pain in the neck to search a variety of zip codes around Chicago to see multiple dealer inventory (there must be 20 Ford dealers around Chicago), I'd look harder for you. But I gave up after my zip code. To find physical cars at a dealership you have to actually go to their individual websites and look at their inventory. Somehow for the electric, they don't show up in the general Ford.Com search.

Not that there is really anything different between a 2013 and 14. I'm convinced somebody stood on the production line and said, that car there is a 2013; this one right behind it, that's a 2014 and they changed the model year.

Well, it looks like only 110 FFEs were sold in September, down from 175 in August.

http://insideevs.com/september-2013-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

I'd guess that the slow sales was due to the shortage we've been seeing last month. There seems to be a whole lot more of them sitting at the dealers near me at this moment... about 30 of them in the L.A. area, according to ford.com....

That is an old article (6/13)--in addition Ford did drop the price of the FFE by $5000 shortly after that article was published (even though they mention in the article that Ford won't be dropping the price).

Back