Weather is getting warmer... YEAH

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frbill

I just got the first 100+ reading on my GOM since last fall.
0193e55e8f05ba0bba29d9c526f9a4bc61ef0aaf32-e1428699547570-300x294.jpg

Not sure I will ever get that full range, but it sure looks good.

We're also seeing 100+ mile GOM predictions. On Friday I drove 75 miles plus using remote start for heat/defrost in the morning when it was snowing. I also had to have the defrost nearly on max while driving because of the snow. But in the afternoon it was about 50 which allowed me to stretch the range. Yesterday we had a number of trips in the 150-180 Wh/mi range with temps in the high 60s.

hybridbear said:
Yesterday we had a number of trips in the 150-180 Wh/mi range with temps in the high 60s.
How are you able to get that low of Wh/mi? The best I've been able to do is in the high 200's using no climate control or defrost. Temps here are highs in the 50's and lows usually in the 30's. Do your routes have long stretches of 25 mph with no stops or something? I just don't see how this is possible especially if you were to get on the expressway at all.

triangles said:
hybridbear said:
Yesterday we had a number of trips in the 150-180 Wh/mi range with temps in the high 60s.
How are you able to get that low of Wh/mi? The best I've been able to do is in the high 200's using no climate control or defrost. Temps here are highs in the 50's and lows usually in the 30's. Do your routes have long stretches of 25 mph with no stops or something? I just don't see how this is possible especially if you were to get on the expressway at all.
City driving. Yesterday my wife and I stopped by a couple of parks which have free charging to go for walks and enjoy the weather. Driving between parks and other errands was all city driving. We mostly took our parkways which have a speed limit of 25 MPH and minimal cross-traffic and stops.

The first trip trip calculates to a Wh/mi range of 162-172 and the second 182-193. The MFM trip graph (which appears to calculate based on more decimal points than the trip log shows) says 165.41 and 182.40 for those trips respectively. I guess I should have said 160-190 Wh/mi in my post above. My memory was optimistic.

In the summer months I average around 200 Wh/mi according to MFM. Last July my month-long average was 200.99, in August it was 200.34 and in September it was 198.58. The worst in the winter was February where I averaged 308.78. These numbers jive with what the car displays.

Back