Wanted to post a poll

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az erik

Maybe to open the eyes of Ford and/or owners of FFE (or Prior owners). It would have to be a multi part poll though but I'm interested to see the stats. I know I'm talking to a small group of FFE owners on this site but someone has to start somewhere right?

1. Are you in the process of a buy back or lemon?
a. if you are is it SSN related

2. Are you afraid to drive you car or let someone drive your car?

3. Do you find yourself trying to tell people about the car without mentioning the SSN or other issues you have run into? (MFT, MFM, SYNC, SSN, etc)

4. Are you happy with the car @ it's MSRP value? (Pitting it against the other options in this price range/non ICE)

5. Do you feel that the SSN recall, once fixed, will put your mind at ease?

--------------------

I'll start:
1. No
2. Yes - SO much so that I won't let my wife drive it and I stay in the right lane and give myself 4 to 5 seconds gap in any traffic in the off chance it decides to crap out on me while making a left I have enough time to jump out and get to the curb. Yes I actually plan escape routes. (That said I do find myself doing 75 in the HOV lanes from time to time as I do just have to get somewhere sometimes)
3. Yes - I actually feel bad and found myself thinking "I hope that retired couple I 'sold' the FFE didn't buy one and have it SSN on them.
4. Meh
5. I doubt it. I have a feeling I'll always question the reliability until a year or two has gone by with cars that did SSN get fixed and dont SSN again. I know it's supposedly few out of the whole line up but the waters have been stirred.

1. No
2. No (The SSN issue is in the back of my mind and I find myself always planning escape routes--but I don't let that take away from the pleasure of driving the car. The only other person that would want to drive my car would be my wife and she is fully informed about the SSN issues)
3. No--I talk about the car all the time; including the SSN issues (mentioned the car to a coworker including issues and he went out and leased one)
4. Meh as well--could and should be less expensive
5. Yes/no: The problem is, as you're aware of, that you can't prove its fixed until many miles later

1. Are you in the process of a buy back or lemon?

No, I'm very happy with the car. Considering getting a second one
a. if you are is it SSN related

2. Are you afraid to drive you car or let someone drive your car?

I will have the patch loaded before giving it to my daughter. I don't give it a thought even though I had it happen once

3. Do you find yourself trying to tell people about the car without mentioning the SSN or other issues you have run into? (MFT, MFM, SYNC, SSN, etc)

When they ask, I tell them a software patch has been issued

4. Are you happy with the car @ it's MSRP value? (Pitting it against the other options in this price range/non ICE)

Not at it's MSRP, but at the available deals, yes
5. Do you feel that the SSN recall, once fixed, will put your mind at ease?

Once the people on this board report the problem has abated

Pointless poll. Only the dissatisfied owners will do the survey. The satisfied owners (ME) will not. The questions appear to be biased.

I LOVE MY FFE. No Concerns, No SSN notices. Just a happy Ford Customer with a GREAT vehicle. :D

I'm satisfied and I was the first to respond...

Granted not *all* satisfied customers will respond to the poll (much like just about any internet survey).

I'm also very satisfied...

dcast, your point is generally applicable of course, but it seems strange to make it when only three people had responded and they all indicated satisfaction! Granted, the OP sounds generally negative, but all responses so far sound generally positive, even given SSN issues.

No, no, no, yes, yes.
The msrp is high, but if it too high for me I wouldn't have bought it. I purchased though Costco and got a good deal plus $10k in government rebates and credits. This puts the price at a reasonable level...but still a little high when compared to a small ice vehicle...but I also get a carpool sticker in CA and I use it all the time.

I'm on a business trip right now and I picked a ford focus SE hatch... It is nice to drive something I'm familiar with, but I miss the amenities of my FFE...namely power.

dcast1079 said:
Pointless poll. Only the dissatisfied owners will do the survey. The satisfied owners (ME) will not. The questions appear to be biased.

I LOVE MY FFE. No Concerns, No SSN notices. Just a happy Ford Customer with a GREAT vehicle. :D

Hmm, I'm curious how the questions are biased. I'm asking questions not making a news story. I do like/nearly still love, my FFE. But in all fairness taking a car in that could just shut off and being told "it's fixed" means VERY little if it can't be proven. Thus there is a layer of doubt, I was wondering if others felt the same as me.

I forgot to put in a question about feeling odd going to the gas station, to rent a red box movie.

I asked these questions because it appeared to me like there was a sudden increase in unhappy FFE members on this board, particularly around the SSN stuff and MFM not being all it's cracked up to be. It's not much different than asking 2007 - 2010 Macbook pro owners if they still recommended the laptop after the GFX card crapped out twice and they had to pay to replace it ($600) (before the recall) and how they felt about it after it was "fixed".

Most of my negativity about the FFE lies in the software, and the dealer. Not specifically something Ford messed up.

As for the price point question be aware that these "discounts" we're getting on these cars is being paid by someone, actually everyone. As it's funded by our tax monies, and will eventually run out. Do you think the car will actually sell at $42K+? even if there is no gas cost? The 30% ESVE charger kickback, actually helped push people to get faster chargers. Even if the charger was $1k+, now it's $6XX, I just saved $400! Such a deal. Right now. This credit ends, again, Dec 31st this year. Charger sales will drop off like they did before. When the car credit ends so does the so called 'spike' in EV sales, which is really less than 300 cars a month or so (all EV's not just the FFE).

I can see a couple things happening with these cars after the lease is up. Possibly they are sold certified with a new battery, or some way of knowing that the battery is at x% of it's life. Or they recycle the whole car and use it as a learning experience. If we're really lucky battery tech will have gotten cheaper and there might be a way to retrofit a new style battery to the car (This I actually hope for). I'd love to have a LiPo battery but I don't want a possible massive fire in return. I would love the pick up a FFE (providing it keeps going the way it has been for me which is mostly worry free) at a used price point. Currently my lease buy out is like $28k at the end. Which is actually nuts.

I will however fix the door rattles from the speakers as it's really quite an enjoyable silent car. I'm totally looking forward to creeping through the Christmas light parade, silent with the lights off.

I'd love to have a LiPo battery but I don't want a possible massive fire in return.[/quote]

How much of Range gain do you think there would be?

Back