Unofficial Sync3 v2.2 Update for 2016s (Carplay/AA)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your 2016 requires a new modem? I never got a call about that.... however they are calling when the parts are in for the other recall.

Good news

The new modem is installed and works perfectly.
The Transaxle has been updated
And last, but not least.

Apple Carplay works perfectly.

With the help of this forum, I was able to update the software to Sync3 version 2.2
The Dealership installed the new USB Hub for me.

It worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

Especially, the guy who did the YouTube Software update view.

shniestEV

Thank you especially, it did the trick.
That helped a lot

shniestEV said:
your 2016 requires a new modem? I never got a call about that.... however they are calling when the parts are in for the other recall.

Hey, did you get your modem replaced? I got a letter and an email from my dealership in Vancouver. It's to switch from 2G to 3G network.

I had to bring it in twice (hassle). It was done mid-December.

Thanks for the info on the Sync3 update! I did it today in 15 minutes. Works great. Ordered the hub and will install once it comes. It's crazy that we need to hack this kind of stuff. Ford site is a total waste of time.

K-hi said:
Hey, did you get your modem replaced? I got a letter and an email from my dealership in Vancouver. It's to switch from 2G to 3G network.

I never got a letter.... at least at this point. Is it listed as a field service action in ford owner site?

shniestEV said:
K-hi said:

I never got a letter.... at least at this point. Is it listed as a field service action in ford owner site?

Yes, I believe it was. Maybe your car had a more recent modem in its original build? I'm not sure when the 2G network is shutting down, but if your MFM app stops working all of a sudden, you'll have a good idea why.

Here are a few links explaining the program:
http://ford.oemdtc.com/2653/15n04-embedded-modem-replacement-2012-2016-ford-2015-lincoln/2
http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/4448-recall-notice-modem/
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24605

I thought I saw somewhere how to check which version of modem is installed (to determine if it needs replacing), but I can't find it off the top of my head.

So what happens when the next update comes out? Will you have to force every update manually from now on?? Or will you get F150 updates and not Focus updates? Or???

Well since i got my car in January of 2016 they have yet to push out a new update.... I manually did it myself through this a year later....
So i assume another year for an update?

shniestEV said:
Well since i got my car in January of 2016 they have yet to push out a new update.... I manually did it myself through this a year later....
So i assume another year for an update?

Was that supposed to be a response to my question? Because it did not answer it :p

Logging into owner.ford.com now lists my car as having a new Sync 3 update for v2.3.
Automatic updates didn't seem to be working for me from my car... assume this may be a side affect to the side load of v2.2. Since it says my car hasn't looked for an update since January when i did the update.
I tried to trigger the automatic scan for the update manually but nothing... however...according to owner.ford.com it says i must do the update via USB.

Anyways... there is an official Sync 3 v2.3 update out now for my 2016 Focus EV so I will go ahead and install it tonight via USB.

I updated this morning on my way to work. It showed message that update complete and it will be available when I turn on the car next time. When got to work, I turned it odd, opened/closed doors to shut down stereo, turned on car again and ... I still have 2.2. Will check again after work.

Also, there is a Sync3 3.0 unofficial update. Did anyone try that?

I haven't tried v3 but I might... i still seem to have a channel listing glitch for Sirius in my car. Its the first thing i check when i update but no change on v2.3

It took my car over an hour to update last night... i actually gave up and came back later... (car was in garage) when i came back my car was actually off. Nice of it to turn itself off (i guess) anyways i was worried it killed the update but when i turned the car back on it said update completed remove USB. Then i did the turn off open/close doors and waited a few mins then powered on... it showed v2.3.
Maybe just bug fixes as I didn't notice anything different.

Back