Tesla super charging...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesla super-charging, as near as I can find, is a dual Stage 2 charge system. I've not seen a reference to high speed DC charging (like the Leaf and miEv) on their website. Anybody have the skinny Tesla charging standards?

Tesla SuperCharger is high-voltage DC (Level III), 90 kW (4.5x Twin Charge Level II), connecting directly to battery of Model S. See www.teslamotors.com/supercharger.

Nice information about superchargers. However, have you heard about lithium-ion batteries? I have read a recent research into the lithium-ion batteries used in electric and hybrid vehicles may create a battery that yields a longer range for the driver, as well as getting rid of the fire risks associated with the batteries presently being used. The secret, states the report, is in trading out the liquid electrolytes for a progressive solid form.

Currently most lithium batteries use graphite. Graphite are stings of carbon atoms. And of corse carbon burns. This why a damaged battery can end up burning. Gasoline burns much more easily.

Back