Status

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamroud

Hello experienced FFE drivers,
I'm trying to understand how "Status" works as when I'm really expecting to have a positive value, I'm getting a negative value and vice versa. Will appreciate if you can explain how to drive to have positive status all the time. Thanks

Kamroud said:
Hello experienced FFE drivers,
I'm trying to understand how "Status" works as when I'm really expecting to have a positive value, I'm getting a negative value and vice versa. Will appreciate if you can explain how to drive to have positive status all the time. Thanks
It's relative to the Wh/mile performance you had the last time you drove. You won't see it positive *all* the time.

Thanks for the comments. I totally understand the two gauges, my question is how to keep the status positive or keep the line inside the cup. I'm looking at those with longer experience with EV to share their experience. Thanks

Kamroud said:
Thanks for the comments. I totally understand the two gauges, my question is how to keep the status positive or keep the line inside the cup. I'm looking at those with longer experience with EV to share their experience. Thanks
Unfortunately you can't always have a positive status and keep the line inside the blue cup--its just impossible the way its calculated and shown.

The best you can do is keep the line at the edge of the cup.

The cup and status indicators are there to gamify driving the car and get you to drive as efficient as possible. Once you are driving as efficiently as you can you won't be able to drive any more efficiently and thus the line will be at the edge of the cup and status will be 0.

To drive the FFE efficiently is pretty common sense: long slow stops, no hard accelerations, etc. Watch the gauges they will tell you how you're doing.

Back